“way over priced”

Dining options: Reservations
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“way over priced”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

food was ok, but small portions and very expensive. They seem to be a niche restaurant that caters to the local old folks homes. Nothing wrong with that...Im just saying.

2 Thank Dawg B

Danbury, Connecticut
“Great food Great prices!”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is a delicious secret to many people but the food is just great!! I have to say the scrod is my favorite.

1 Thank Teer56230
North West Ct
“Been going here for years”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I moved here in 1965. I been going here for a long time. I live a further away now, but I still make it a point to stop in. The food is always fresh and fast. I will keep coming back

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Brian L
connecticut
“Warm Hearth, full stomach, warm heart....”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Many waitresses have been there forever and are very personable and loving. I love being able to see the chef/ccok in the restaurant while sitting in the restaurant. The food is very very nice; with salad, soup, meal and dessert for less than 15$ often less. One of our favorite places to have a family meal. Many senior citizens come here fore their early bird specials.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank seesgurl
Brookfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No thanks, I'll pass...”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Growing up in the area, and whenever hearing about 'The Hearth', images of old, blandness always came to mind. Well, I went there for the first time recently only because I was invited. My past assumptions were true in spite of not wanting them to be; I had seen the menu online and was looking forward to a steak. It couldn't be too bad...

First, in the parking lot, I hit a huge pot hole full of muddy water, fouling up my clean car. The pot hole was unavoidable. Entering, the establishment was dark and eerie, as was where I sat. Very outdated.

The only side dishes available to the entrees was a potato, either baked, mashed or fried. I, somewhat confused by the lack of options, asked the waitress if they had any green vegetables. She didn't know and had to ask in the kitchen!!! Yes, they do, green beans, that's fine.

Starting off with, was an iceburg lettuce salad, which is the only option, bland. Select grade steak had no seasoning at all, not a hint. Green beans were covered in grease; couldn't be butter since it wasn't salty.
The pickled items were good, including the herring.

The waitress, kind and friendly, seemed overworked in her section and somewhat scatterbrained by the way she went about things. It was clear she knew how to tend to senior citizens well but not so much to the younger crowd, like those under 50.

My friends were also disappointed with their meals. Boring boneless skinless chicken breast, greasy fried shrimp, and potatoes potatoes potatoes.

Not unless the tv show 'Restaurant Impossible' gives the Hearth a makeover, I won't be going back.

• Visited July 2012