“Bad experience”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband, grandson and I went to the Hearth for dinner recently. We have always loved the Hearth and have gone many times and enjoyed ourselves. I told the waitress my grandson would have broiled bay scallops and rice. He was served cut up sea scallops and a baked potato. I didn't complain then as I didn't want to ruin our night. I called the next day and asked to speak with a manager. The person who answered the phone said she could help me. She turned out to be our waitress. I explained what the problem was. She told me that they only have baby sea scallops on the menu, not bay scallops. OK, so maybe I misread the menu. She could have told me when I ordered, that they didn't have bay scallops. Also, if he was being served "baby sea scallops" as she called them then why were they sea scallops, just cut up. She didn't even mention his missing rice, baked potato substitution. She just kept saying that when she noticed that my grandson hadn't eaten the scallops that she asked him if they were OK and he said fine. Then she told me that it wasn't her fault if I didn't read the menu correctly. I was very disappointed. I should have persisted and demanded a manager. I think that things can't get better if the management doesn't know what goes wrong.

2  Thank Disappointed1213

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Went to the Hearth for a bridal shower, didn't know what to expect. Yes, the place could use updating but the food was excellent. service was great.

3  Thank nyc987
Reviewed 24 April 2013

...this restaurant. When we walked in, we found a place that was really dark, dank and uninviting. The furniture was old, the decor was awful and in very, very bad taste (think of a penny sale at Michael's). But the "chef" was out front and talking it up with people, I decided to brave it out. I ordered Chicken with Mushroom Sauce. I got my very over cooked chicken breast and the "chef" forgot the sauce. When the very nice and well-meaning waitress brought the sauce, it was brown water with canned (ugh!) mushrooms in it. My salad was not better. It too, looked old, tired and nothing resembling inspired or like anyone in the kitchen was even trying. The flatware, plates, everything and I mean everything was cheap and old and just gross. I will NEVER return.

4  Thank Puffmome
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I live in the neighborhood.
The menu is basic USA foods.
Nothing fancy or cutting egde here,Anthony Bourdain might snark .
Good portions specials and seating fo all sizes of groups or parties

3  Thank burnrn1
Reviewed 14 January 2013

food was ok, but small portions and very expensive. They seem to be a niche restaurant that caters to the local old folks homes. Nothing wrong with that...Im just saying.

2  Thank Dawg B

Been to Hearth? Share your experiences!