“If you are fishing for a good meal, this is a good place.”

Saybrook Fish House
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Canton
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“If you are fishing for a good meal, this is a good place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Saybrook Fish House has been around for years. The servers are friendly, the food is good and the portions fair. The menu has a few too many offerings. I had Shrimp Cocktail followed by Broiled Scallops. Very nicely done. For my part, they can skip the community salad bowl. Not everyone requires salad. For some, the community aspect could be a turnoff. We did not try deserts. Drinks are fairly priced and generous.

This is a very good restaurant for better than average food and cheerful service. However, if you are looking for gourmet, this may not be your cup of tea.

• Visited August 2014

Hartford, Connecticut
“Great lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

A friend from out of town was visiting and we went to Saybrook Fish House for lobster. The lobsters were very reasonably priced. She had the 1 1/2 lb steamed lobster and I had the 1 1/2 lb stuffed lobster. Both were very good. We ate dinner out on the patio and it was a very relaxing evening.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ctconn
“Great service and spectacular food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Visted her with a group of family members and friends. First time here and I was really impressed with the service and great food.
To begin with we made a reservation for 10 people turned into 14 so we called to increase the number. In the end we haf 18 people walk in at once. Without hesitation we were accomadated and given extra tables and chairs. The place was already busy and we did not expect all of us to be able to sit together but they made it happen quick. I had the fried shrimp and scallops and my family ordered various other items including drinks and specialty dishes. We all were very happy with our meals not one person complained everybody raved about each dish and the service of our servers. The main server went out of her way to make us happy and ran her butt off. The enviroment was great the location is nice and the staff is genuine and happy. Not a bad thing to say about this place.

Avon, Connecticut
“I may not eat fish often, but this is where I go when I do....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I admittedly tend not to eat fish. This restaurant always has alternatives to fish. However, the fish is very good when I do have it here.

The food is not prepackaged. If you don't want something on your swordfish (or whatever), just tell them and they will leave it off. If you just want it grilled and nothing fancy on it, they will accommodate you.

What I REALLY like about this place is the salad. They will give you as much as you want in a communal bowl. The garlic dressing is wonderful. They should sell it because I eat salad just to have their dressing!

• Visited June 2014
“Terrible Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have gone there for years and within the last two years, this place has gone down hill. Don't bother getting the surf and turf b/c they do not have a cook that can properly cook steak. I am certain there is not a Chef on duty. It is sad too b/c it is so close.

• Visited July 2014