“Hidden gem”
Review of Bamboo Grill Vietnamese Cuisine - CLOSED

Bamboo Grill Vietnamese Cuisine
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a wonderful little restaurant that could easily be missed because of its location. It is, by far, the best food for the best prices anywhere around. The waitstaff is excellent, too.

1  Thank Gail S

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Was very excited to go here, because I love all ethnic food. Tried the asparagus and lobster soup and the egg rolls to start. The soup was mushy and bland and the egg rolls were unimpressive. I ordered the pho for dinner, one of my personal favorites and found that also to be completely tasteless. My boyfriend had the fishcakes, which were the only thing we had that could pass for good. The service was fine, but the place quite rundown. If you're craving vietnamese, go the next town over to Farmington and try the Lotus Grill, which is in another league entirely.

1  Thank 578,105,710
Reviewed 22 July 2012

delicious food and good service. extensive menu with many vegetarian choices. Very friendly owners.

1  Thank vinorosso54
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband introduced me to this little gem when I first moved up to the Farmington Valley. I'd never tasted Vietnamese food before and don't like Thai, so was hesitant. But the watercress salad, the chicken pancake and the coconut ice cream - which I always wish they'd offer with chocolate sauce - totally won me over. The food is delicious, the family who runs the place friendly and accomodating. We generally get take out now if they're crowded, and only go in on quiet evenings when we know they won't be busy. But we've been going back at least six or seven times a year for over 16 years and that says a lot. Do ignore the trollish review at the top :).

Reviewed 21 October 2010

It was extremely slow service and the waitress was rude. They never asked if I wanted a refill of my beverage and only came to the table 3 times, once to take a order, second to serve us our food, and third to give us the bill. Stay far away.

1  Thank Mike_Redman_1975