“Wonderful holiday, fabulous place”

Review of The Mayors House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sal721
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Wonderful holiday, fabulous place”
Reviewed 7 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We were lucky enough to spend a week at The Mayor’s House at February half term. What a comfortable and special place it is.

The rooms are tastefully furnished and extremely comfortable. I was lucky enough to stay in the master suite which really was beyond any decent expectation. There were some teething troubles with electrics tripping (no doubt challenged by having five teenage girls in our party and their propensity to leave every light on, while drying their hair and using the hot tub and sauna all at the sane time!) I know they are doing everything they can about this though and it wasn’t a problem at all for us.

The house was warm and cosy with a roaring fire and there was a welcome to match in our hosts Ann and Theo. Now I am home, I miss them. I think the children do too, although I suspect Theo will only just have recovered from RSI from the pancakes he tirelessly made them each morning. I think they will remember that forever.

The food was nothing short of sensational. Each night brought something totally different. Theo claimed the dishes were simple, but he wasn’t fooling us. There is an art to making things this delicious - and Theo certainly has the gift. Whether meat or fish, it was all cooked to perfection.

Ann couldn’t do enough for us and we enjoyed her sense of humour, readiness to make you a cuppa (and she never forgot how we took our respective drinks). She was on hand to help deal with our minibuses at a moment’s notice when we needed to change our plans. And the cocktails - a really nice touch. I confess on occasion I took mine in my ginormous free standing bath looking up onto the mountains - and I am not going to apologise for it!

Thanks for having us. It was a trip to remember. Adults and kids alike, we had a holiday to remember and would not hesitate to come back or recommend to others.

Management Response
19 Mar 2018
Hi Sally, we are so glad you all had such a great holiday, we thoroughly enjoyed hosting you all and your lovely comments have been forwarded on to the rest of the team here. We have found a solution to fix the tripping electrics and it is being dealt with now. I do hope we get to see you all again at the one of our venues.
Regards
Ann
Victoria...
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous House for a Family Group Ski Trip”
Reviewed 27 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The Mayors House has been beautifully done. The fabrics, furnishings, artwork, bathrooms, games room and communal areas have all had a lot of thought put into them which results in the feeling of a luxury house with both style and character. It was a great house to stay in over the winter and I can imagine it would be even more fabulous in the summer once the pool and the garden are in full use.

The team who looked after us were great, very friendly and professional and flexible to our ever changing group plans. We were a group of four families totalling 19 people, with 11 kids (age range 8 to 14) and amazingly the house has so many different spaces that everyone could melt away and have time out and gather back together refreshed for evening drinks and the absolutely amazing food that we had the pleasure of each evening and breakfast time.

From a practical point of view it had a good drying boot room so wet ski gear could all be dealt with. The drive to La Clusaz is 15 mins away and a minibus and driver was arranged for us each day by the Mayors House as parking in peak ski time can be difficult.

We all had a brilliant time.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
19 Mar 2018
Hi Victoria, thank you so much for your review. We are glad you all enjoyed your holiday and it was a pleasure for us to host such a great group of families. We hope we will see you back at The Mayors House or at one of our other Venues.
Regards
Ann
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing