“Great brisket- everything else, meh”
Review of Senor Panchos

Senor Panchos
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Cheshire
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Senor Pancho's Mexican Restaurants offers a sizzling atmosphere any day of the week, right from when it opens at 11:30 AM each day. We have been a family dining hot spot since 1989 in Southbury, 2006 in Prospect and 2014 in Thomaston. Senor Pancho's has been a favorite place for locals to experience the taste and feel of old Mexico.
“Great brisket- everything else, meh”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Get the brisket, which is served as fajitas or chimichangas. They should include the brisket in tacos and burritos as well, but they don't. They smoke their own brisket out back and it's very tender. The rest of the menu is gringo chow although the chips and salsa are pretty good. If you want real tex-mex head down to San Antonio or other parts of the southwest. You won't find it here.

• Visited July 2013

Bethany, Connecticut
“Best Surprise in the Neighborhood”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I live in Bethany, and I took the opportunity to experience a restaurant close by. We ordered Mole Poblano and Camarones Picante. I must admit that the food was the best I have tasted for the last ten years. We all know that a good chef is recognized by his soups or gravies, and Senor Panchos fulfilled all my expectations. I knew I was dealing with an Artist of Food and I was impressed with the mixture of spices in the gravies and the freshnesh of all ingredients.

• Visited March 2013
Naugatuck
“Try another place....”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We used to frequent this place alot because it is very close to our house, but the food quality has gone down, so we stopped going. The food is tasteless--it really is. It tastes like they have cooked the meal 2 days prior. Sometimes the food is greasy as well. We went one night and the sink from the outside garbages was so bad that it turned me off to my meal. The best part about this place is the band, even the chips stink in my opinion....oily and hard.

Visited May 2012
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Best chips and salsa anywhere!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I've been eating Senor Panchos for years. I've been to all of their locations in CT. Not sure how many are still open but, i will say, as far as Mexican food goes Senor Panchos is good. My favorite thing by far is their homemade tortilla chips and salsa. We typically pick up a bag of chips and salsa for holidays and parties that we go to and/or have. Everyone is always pleased. Their food is not amazing but it's above average. I think their enchiladas and chile rellenos are fantastic. I also love most of their vegetarian dishes. The atmosphere is great for families. They always give the kids balloons and are very polite. The manager almost always comes and checks on us. I will keep going back.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Good Tex Mex and authentic Mexican too”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Senor Panchos is located between Cheshire and Prospect, about 5 minutes from I-84. It has a lot of off-street parking and is a clean, nice place to eat. For nice weather there is a patio with tables and sometimes some mariachi and other music.Ther are many booths in a sunny area long the street and a lot of tables in a darker bar and dining area. There is also a function room.

The portions are generous and varied. They try to please the Connecticut palate as well as the Mexican one. There are the tradition refried beans and rice and tacos, enchiladas, etc. They are good. If you are really hungry you can probably finish off a platter. The fajitas are a bit of a production number, arriving in a cloud of smoke with a red-hot pan and nicely prepared and well-seasoned items. Steak, chicken, combos and maybe even shrimp... not sure about the last one. Anyway they are good. For about $8 they will make guacamole at your table, or you can get it premade for less.

There is a children's menu with a good variety of items. One thing was irritating to me on the last visit. The waitress asked the two kids if they wanted a refill on their sodas, which they did. We were then billed for four drinks, which seems wrong, given the current free refill trend for kids. It was so automatic that there was no hint that it would be about $9 for about $0.25 of sugar water. I don't mind the markup but I think that we should have been told about the additional charge.

Aside from that you can get some good Mexican here without breaking the bank.

• Visited August 2012