“reasonably priced for location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Cheshire / Meriden

Americas Best Value Inn - Cheshire / Meriden
Ranked #1 of 2 Cheshire B&B and Inns
Limestone, Maine
“reasonably priced for location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

the rooms down in back provide quiet but the room, albeit clean, had a mildewy smell. Clean crew had no problem conversing outside my window early Saturday morning, Really dislike a glass covered lobby, but it is a motel, nothing more, and to be fair, nothing less.

Room Tip: rooms downstairs, past room 106 are quiet, not on the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
      Location

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Belleview, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

the inn has clean and attractive grounds. our room while small, was very clean and neat.
the desk staff is not friendly and twice we found a sign "stepped out for a moment" so questions could not be answered. the surrounding area is mixed business and residential and felt very safe.
the bathroom is very small but there is a fridge and microwave in the room along with a coffee maker. the price represented a solid value. there is no pool or fitness center and surprisingly no wifi.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I was traveling north from Pennsylvania when I decided to stop at the Red Carpet Inn at Cheshire, Connecticut. It wasn't far from the highway and the rates are extremely reasonable. Even though it was already well past midnight, I was welcomed without a reservation and able to secure room 118. You can tell the rooms are kept well cleaned before you enter. The property is kept very nice. Inside, you'll find all the standard amenities. Everything was neat, fresh, and the beds are so comfortable! A big plus is the free wifi they offer which has a solid signal.
My stay at the Red Carpet Inn was brief, but the staff left a lasting impression with their hospitality. The morning crew offered friendly “Hello's” and the owners, Mr & Mrs Patel are wonderfully accommodating, genuine people. I'll be happy to support this business in the future over a different chain business that gives a less satisfying stay but costs much more.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

When a wedding party put us up at this venue, I must admit to being wary of the choice. It turned out to be a very good experience. The rooms are clean and include all the amenities one would want: coffee, hair dryer, microwave, freezer and refrigerator - even an ironing board! The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked this on Booking.com and found a better value here in Chesire ($58.00) than in Hamden where we were actually closer. We only stayed one night, April 25th. The lobby was open space with a clerk behind a glass enclosure. When we entered our room it smelled fresh and was clean. Liked the fact that the bathroom had enough counter and shelf space for toiletries + we found the shower after running a bit to be hot and forceful. Although, the head of the shower was high and being short, I could not reach to better direct it. The room did have a frig with a small working freezer which we used as well as a microwave and a flat screen TV. The only thing we discovered is there is a shortage of restaurants in the immediate area. But being there one night it was not a big deal.

Room Tip: Some rooms had a step up to enter the room which could be awkward. There were others that did not h...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Van Buren, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed at the 'Red Carpet Inn & Suites of Cheshire' from April 13th to the 25th. I lived in the Yalesville and Cheshire areas for 38 years. I moved out of state nine years ago and whenever I come home for a visit, I always stay at the 'Red Carpet Inn & Suites of Cheshire'. Although it is on Route 10 and my room was facing the road, I did not hear traffic at night. I was able to sleep well. The King-sized bed in my room was very comfortable. The room was affordable during this stay ($49.00 + tax) and I will stay here again. In the nine years that I have been staying here, I have always been pleased with their service.The Patel family are wonderful hosts! I encourage you to stay at the 'Red Carpet Inn & Suites of Cheshire' when you visit the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I grew up in this town and this motel always had a bad rep but that was decades ago. I'd heard it had improved and the reviews here persuaded me to give it a try when we were visiting and didn't want to inconvenience relatives. The $71 online price sealed the deal.

When we arrived around 6 pm, I entered the lobby and found an empty foyer that looked out of place. There was a glass panel with a slot, much as you might find at a big-city Amtrak station. After a minute, a courteous man came to the window and found my reservation, chatted pleasantly, passed the paper and pen through the slot and handed me my key.

We pulled up in front of the room and on the porch in front of the two rooms next to ours were mattresses stacked up and leaning. This did not look promising. But the room itself was nice. The bed was comfortable; there was a microwave and refrigerator for use. The bathroom was accommodating and clean.

Certainly, we slept well even though we had failed to heed advice offered here to stay in the rooms facing away from the highway.

So, I'd stay there again and hope the mattresses had found a home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheshire
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel
Carriage House
Carriage House
#1 of 3 in Hamden

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Cheshire / Meriden? Share your experiences!