“Best Sushi over CT, CA, MN, MA, IL, FL, Reasonably Priced.”

Toro Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have eaten Sushi all over the country. Toro Sushi is the most reasonably priced high quality Sushi place I have ever been to. There are other places that can compare in quality, but you will be paying 40% more in price. Nothing in CT comes close.

There Sashimi delux plate include miso, salid, and I think 22 or 24 pieces. It is something like 27 dollars. The fish is fresh, not frozen and thawed.

They also have some of the best rolls I have ever tried. This place is great!

1  Thank J S

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Go ahead and search for the best sushi in CT. Go on... travel the state, spend lots of money at different places, expensive upscale sushi restaurants. All I'm saying is, "You're wasting your time (and money)."
Toro's is easily the best sushi value in the state. Not fancy, not large, not over-priced. The sushi is always fresh and delicious. Lots of variety, unique assortment of special rolls. And if you want to try something special, just ask Tony (the owner) to create a special roll just for you. Tell him what kind of fish you prefer, and let him create. Friendly attentive staff and chefs.
I've been to dozens of other sushi restaurants and in my opinion, if you want terrific food, friendly service, and very good value... this is the place!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

This has to be the best sushi in CT. I've heard that the owner formerly had an upscale place in NYC so the plates look as good as they taste.

Must try:
Golden Calamari, i've never had calamari at ANY restaraunt that even came close to how good this was. Its not the rubbery rings you find as some places. It is the higher quality solid meat with a great sweet chili style sauce.
Pepper Tuna App: Great simple app with big flavor
Dancing Tuna Roll: light tempura fried and so big, you can barely fit it in your mouth

We only have been here, many many times, for lunch and the service is always great. I can't speak to the busier dinner hours.

Prices are a little high, but you pay for the amazing quality of the ingredients. So we don't mind the $$

Nice selection of Sake and Beers

Reviewed 24 November 2012

My wife does not like sushi so when she is out with friends or her sisters and my friend RR, is available for dinner we head over. The place is small, friendly and always busy . For good reason - the food is good - very good! and we always have good service - sometimes a language issue but that is part of the charm of the place.

My friend, RR, likes to order a dish he gets other places - its not on the menu but they aways make it!. I always order ala carte and enjoy the nice cuts, fresh fish and flavorful rice.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

The miso soup and fried ice cream were very good. The sukiyaki was almost tasteless. It was missing the sweet wine broth. The meat was not sliced thin but served like beef teriyaki. Not a bad place. We might give it another try and order other things.

Been to Toro Sushi Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!