“Cheshire's Best Italian”

Vespucci's
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prospect, Connecticut, United States
“Cheshire's Best Italian”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have dined there perhaps a dozen times over the past couple years. We're planning a visit soon to checkout their expanded facility, the old layout was a little "cozy" and waits for a table often long during prime time. Entre's (especially the scampi) has been reliably great and reasonably priced.

Visited January 2012

Southington, Connecticut
“Pleasant but somewhat non-attentive staff”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've dined there on 3 occasions and found the food to be excellent every time. I wish my comments on the waitstaff were the same. My first experience was very good, my second just fair, and my third was a total disappointment. Our waitress spent considerable time involved in a friendly but non-business conversation with friends at an adjacent table while we waited patiently for drinks, refills, dinner, etc.. I'll give this place one more chance, because the food is ery good, but another service experience like that and I'll find another place to dine.

Cheshire, Connecticut
“food ok, service less than ok”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

You should apologize to the wait staff upon entry as you will disturb them. Wanted two bills for our group of four and was refused, "It would confuse the kitchen" was the lame excuse.
Went in for carryout once and waited for pickup while owner(?) was arguing with food supplier who was there to get his bill paid.

“40 minutes for food service...unacceptable.”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Food is good. The bread with infused oil with garlic and peppers was excellent. We ordered the house smoked salmon and it was also good. Main course was a small clams casino pizza and a tortellini napolitano.

From the time we put in our order until the main course showed it was 45 elapsed. We had eaten all the bread, which was never refilled, and as well as the salmon in the first 15 minutes. It was another half hour before the main course showed up. The waiter told us it was because the ovens are tool full with takeout orders to cook the pizza.

When the food showed up, the tortellini was decent. Not terrific but not bad. Sauce was good, but tortellini was bland. There was a mysterious side dish of pasta with meat sauce that showed up as well. We told them it wasn't ours an sent it back but they brought it back and put it on the table anyway.

The Clams Casino pizza was not hot when it came out, despite the excuse that cooking it was the delay. For having so many flavorful toppings, the pizza was bland. Clams didn't taste fresh and were chewy like jelly beans. Onions were old and just showered over the top. Crust tasted like it had been slow baked and had almost no texture or burn marks.

Average food, unreasonably long serving time, and poor service add up to us not coming back here again. There's too many other Italian restaurants in New Haven and the Naugatuck Valley.

1 Thank DM_NewHaven
Cheshire, Connecticut
“OUTSTANDING! ONE WORD!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

From the moment we walked in we we're seated and brought hot bread with oil mixture and it's "great" could not get enought. the meals tasted and cooked to perfection, service was great I found my new old best place to eat and feel good... I tip my Hat to the staff and of course cook! I will see you soon.

• Visited October 2011

Been to Vespucci's? Share your experiences!