“A modern classic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clinton
Riverdale Farm Campsite
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am very surprised to read negative review of this campground. We visit from Colorado in the summer to see my family. This campground is in an area with few lodging options, but Riverdale doesn't exploit it with substandard offerings. And the price makes it a terrific value for the area. The campground's close-in access from I-95 makes up for the fact that River Road is narrow with overhanging branches. It's also a very short drive to the shore and lovely Hammonasset Beach, in addition to a variety of other low-key, low-tech family activities.

Sites are smaller than what we find west of the Mississippi. But sites are level and shaded, and access roads are adequate (we drive a 36-foot fifth wheel). Utilities are fine, water pressure is good, no problems with WiFi for us. Staff are friendly, the campground store is convenient, and my kids absolutely love swimming in the lake and playing ball on the basketball court and in the adjacent field.

This is not a fancy Disney-style resort: there is no pool, bar, casino or steakhouse. Neither is it a rustic outhouse experience. I would categorize it as a modern classic, kumbaya, toasted marshmallows kind of place. It's well worth checking out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank zaleysmom

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Its 12:23 pm. Went to get in the shower at 10 pm, no hot water. Ii paid $120 to rent a trailer. I'm sitting here boiling water on the stove just so I can take a bath!!! They have only one burner turned on so I can only boil one pot full at a time. Wanted to get up early to take kids to beach. I'll be too tired now. I'll be speaking to them at the office in the morning! !!!""

• Stayed: August 2013
14  Thank Cherylann14
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here the night of June 29th, 2013. It would have been quieter to stay on the side of the highway. Some of the "seasonals" were up partying till the early morning hours. When they were asked to be quiet by "Management" due to my complaint call, they simply cursed at them and ignored them. Front desk personnel are completely incompetent. They gave us a site already occupied. When we asked for another site, the woman could not seem to fathom how to do that. It took her 30 minutes of shuffling through papers to finally let us have the unoccupied site next to the one she tried to give us. We asked her if they sold propane, and she told us we could "bring our tank over" to the filling station. Um, we just told her we have a Class C motor home. The tank does not detach. Shouldn't someone running a campground know that already?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
24  Thank SRfromDE
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Went to check this campground out and found to have the campers cramped in and the person up front wasn't helpful at all. No pool and cramped corners turned us off.
We traveled from FL in hopes to find place we would seasonal for many years. So disappointed when we were greeted with a person who didn't act like wanted to help us or show us the sites available. After showing our selves around we decided it was very family orientated which is important to us. Too bad as we would have been a great seasonal. We are clean, happy and pay on time..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
16  Thank SHERI G
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Booked site months in advance and just gave our site to someone who checked in 20 min prior to our arrival. So now we are not with our group and our kids are not together. A quote from management " we should be grateful that we even got a site" Not even an apology for the mess up. Never again

• Stayed: September 2012
21  Thank Lookatit2
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We have been here for a month. The site and location is great , it sits around a man made pond/lake that all the kids seem to enjoy. There are a LOT of folks who live here, not really a problem they keep to themselves (although take up a lot of assumed space as there's). The biggest problem we have is the service or lack of friendliness from the staff. The lack of both of those is disheartning. There is a guy that drives a truck around here from early morning till late in the evening keeping this place going, how come I can't even get a wave when he sees me several times a day? We have asked for the showers to be cleaned out and one doesn't even work and the entire time we were here...no cleaning (the same cigerrete butt and shampoo bottle in shower for more than 2 weeks. We both had told the desk staff about it, but nothing has changed. Honestly, if there was another campground near here, we would have moved. I guesss I just expect more friendliness. Our favorite times lately are the weekends when all the kids come in, great to see them having so much fun. Staff and owners...lots to do I get it..do it more friendly! Make us HAPPY CAMPERS! not just a check every week.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business