“LUNCH ?”
Review of Chamard Vineyards

Chamard Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Clinton
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Lets go to the winery for lunch! Would not think so but what a nice lunch these guys served. Grass fed burger was awesome, my wife had the grill cheese which was done just right. Both came with nice salads, and had wine too! Next were going for Diner.

2  Thank corrinesdad

Reviewed 30 October 2013

No tours available but pretty vineyard and gardens. Wine tasting is reasonable, 5 for $10 without the glass. Glasses are expensive. Nice selection of wines. Tasted 5 reds. Liked 3 of the 5. Knowledgeable server knew about each wine and explained them very well.

1  Thank NjYankeefan
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I hadn’t been to this winery in about a year so it was really nice to visit once again. The property is beautiful and they now have a bistro where you can get lunch. We had a nice lunch there, they use lots of local ingredients in their lunches. The salad was great, and the macaroni and cheese was delicious. My party also had the burger and grilled cheese, all were very good. They let you order food in the wine tasting room or outside as well, but the menu is far more limited. The only negative I would say is that it appears they are under-staffed, as it took a long time for them to take our order and get us our bill, but the food was very good.

The tasting was great, but I was hoping for the malbec as it’s one of my favorites, however it was not ready yet, so it gives me an excuse to go back. I also enjoyed the pinot noir, however it does need to age a bit. The wines ranged from $18 to $45, definitely great quality wines. I had joined their wine club a year ago, for about $240, I get a shipment of 3 bottles every 3 months (so 12 total) as well as two free wine tastings every visit, so the tasting was free.

It’s a really nice winery, quality wines, a little pricey but worth it. I would definitely recommend making a reservation if you plan to eat at the bistro, we didn’t so we ate in the lounge area, which was fine but it definitely fills up quick, a nice place, would definitely recommend it. The only negative, as I said previously, is that they are severely understaffed, which if they fix that, could make the experience so much better.

1  Thank roha19
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We arrived and entered the tasting bar. The bar area was full so we sat at one of the 'satellite' tables. After 10 minutes of being totally ignored, I asked a passing waitress about tasting the wines and was told 'it's at the bar'! Still no room there, so we waited a further 15 minutes - still totally ignored, despite several staff passing us by, so we left.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We did a CT wine tour and this was our second stop. Our group has been to many wineries over the years but we were all amazed at how gorgeous this property is. All the details are amazing, starting with stone posts as you enter the property and the view of some of the locally grown grapes. The bistro is delicious and you can order in the tasting room but it is a bar menu, less selection. There are 2 tasting options, 1 is $15 and you get to try 5 wines they make, these wines use grapes they have imported. The second option is $25 and you get 5 wines they make, these wines use grapes grown on the property. I really wanted to try the local grown wine but the tasting was expensive and the bottles of wine ranged about $35 to $50 and I didn't want to buy wine that expensive so we did the $15 option. The wines were good. However I really wish we could have tried the local wines at a cheaper rate, especially since we ate lunch there.

2  Thank Travelbugsforlife