“Impressive”
Review of Bistro @ Chamard

Bistro @ Chamard
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro @ Chamard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Old Saybrook, CT
“Impressive”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

They opened the Bistro awhile back and the layout and furnishings are quite unique. They use a lot of wine barrel parts and live edge woods for their tables and counters, so it's very pretty. But the menu didn't appeal to us. Happy to say that has changed and we tried it out the other night. I would have given them a 5 if they had white tablecloths. The service was great, friendly and helpful. The food was very good with mostly local ingredients. I started with an heirloom tomato and carrot salad and then went for a piece of striped bass over a cauliflower risotto. The flavors were excellent. We'll be back soon.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bjproducts

Connecticut-USA
“Bistro @Chamard continues to Wow!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have been a frequent diner here for the last few months...I can attest to the consistency and quality of the food...which I would label stellar. I would recommend most everything on this menu.
The chef has a terrific formula, talent, and innovation. The asparagus and leek soup that has, of late, been on the menu is 5 star.

My one suggestion would be to add to, tweak or update the menu regularly. A rival of Chamard Bistro in the vicinity, who serves similar kinds of fare, has not updated in a few years and has lost a large chunk of their clientele, including my friends and me. I love the menu at Chamard, don't get me wrong..but I'd like to see something new added to the regular, printed menu rather than just a weekly addition; That is, if you want repeat customers to become regulars. Lastly, the wait staff is amazing...so friendly, professional and cheerful.

• Visited July 2014
Shelton, Connecticut, United States
“Reminded us of Napa Valley”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely spot to sit for lunch after a morning shopping at the outlets. We ended up only ordering from the appetizer menu, but there were so many interesting plates to choose from - charcuterie plate, cheese plate, roasted salmon, Brie en croute. Between those nibbles and the wine, we were very happy. The entree menu looks delicious as well, so I'm sure we will be back to try it before long. We did make a reservation although it was a sleepy Tuesday and not really necessary. So nice to find a vineyard restaurant where you can dine overlooking the grapevines in Connecticut. And the art on display in the dining room is a nice touch as well.

Visited July 2014
Madison, Connecticut
“One of our favorite spots”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have been to Chamard multiple times for lunch, dinners, rehearsal dinners and just wine tastings. The service is always excellent and professonal. The food is consistently good, excellent quality, creative cuisine. We have had almost everything on the menu. The frites are so good! We get them with every meal! We have had the Cod, the lamb, the pork chop and all are well-prepared and delicious. Frequently we will just order the mediterranean plate, salads, soup or the flatbread, and again, all are outstanding. We love the Malbec wine, but the Cabernets are also great. The setting and restaurant are absolutely beautiful in any season! Just have to add that I'm honestly not sure where the "Going South" reviewer went because they dont even have gnocchi or omelets on the menu!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ladybug912
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Going south ...”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We've been coming here for quite some time and it's been always good ... not outstanding but consistently good.
I've had heard it was not as good anymore so we went anyway to find out for ourselves.
The host was fine and servers were ok and that's about it ! The sparking wine was room temperature, the food was lukewarm at best, the gnocchi was hard as a rock, the cheese in the omelet was cold and not melted but the worse of all was when I specifically asked for the sauce on the side of my fish entree for dietary reason and I received the fish drowned in sauce, after bring that to the server's attention she took it back to the kitchen and for my surprise she brought back the same fish soaked in the sauce only re-plated!!! Everyone makes mistakes and do mess up orders but having the courage to just re-plate and bring back the same thing is now a lack a respect to client and poor, if not non- existent, quality control in the kitchen and customer service!!!
I guess the rumors are not rumors at all!!!!

• Visited June 2014