“Very good food”

Chamard Vineyards Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chamard Vineyards Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ct
“Very good food”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We tried this on the recommendation from a neighboring beach house. Food was good but I ordered a sandwich that did not say it came with a salad. I ordered an appetizer salad (which was fantastic) but it would have been nice if the waiter warned me that the sandwich was already coming with a salad, I could have saved $. Make sure when ordering you ask what comes with your selection

• Visited July 2014

Old Saybrook, CT
“Impressive”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

They opened the Bistro awhile back and the layout and furnishings are quite unique. They use a lot of wine barrel parts and live edge woods for their tables and counters, so it's very pretty. But the menu didn't appeal to us. Happy to say that has changed and we tried it out the other night. I would have given them a 5 if they had white tablecloths. The service was great, friendly and helpful. The food was very good with mostly local ingredients. I started with an heirloom tomato and carrot salad and then went for a piece of striped bass over a cauliflower risotto. The flavors were excellent. We'll be back soon.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bjproducts
Connecticut-USA
“Bistro @Chamard continues to Wow!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have been a frequent diner here for the last few months...I can attest to the consistency and quality of the food...which I would label stellar. I would recommend most everything on this menu.
The chef has a terrific formula, talent, and innovation. The asparagus and leek soup that has, of late, been on the menu is 5 star.

My one suggestion would be to add to, tweak or update the menu regularly. A rival of Chamard Bistro in the vicinity, who serves similar kinds of fare, has not updated in a few years and has lost a large chunk of their clientele, including my friends and me. I love the menu at Chamard, don't get me wrong..but I'd like to see something new added to the regular, printed menu rather than just a weekly addition; That is, if you want repeat customers to become regulars. Lastly, the wait staff is amazing...so friendly, professional and cheerful.

• Visited July 2014
Shelton, Connecticut, United States
“Reminded us of Napa Valley”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely spot to sit for lunch after a morning shopping at the outlets. We ended up only ordering from the appetizer menu, but there were so many interesting plates to choose from - charcuterie plate, cheese plate, roasted salmon, Brie en croute. Between those nibbles and the wine, we were very happy. The entree menu looks delicious as well, so I'm sure we will be back to try it before long. We did make a reservation although it was a sleepy Tuesday and not really necessary. So nice to find a vineyard restaurant where you can dine overlooking the grapevines in Connecticut. And the art on display in the dining room is a nice touch as well.

Visited July 2014
Madison, Connecticut
“One of our favorite spots”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have been to Chamard multiple times for lunch, dinners, rehearsal dinners and just wine tastings. The service is always excellent and professonal. The food is consistently good, excellent quality, creative cuisine. We have had almost everything on the menu. The frites are so good! We get them with every meal! We have had the Cod, the lamb, the pork chop and all are well-prepared and delicious. Frequently we will just order the mediterranean plate, salads, soup or the flatbread, and again, all are outstanding. We love the Malbec wine, but the Cabernets are also great. The setting and restaurant are absolutely beautiful in any season! Just have to add that I'm honestly not sure where the "Going South" reviewer went because they dont even have gnocchi or omelets on the menu!!

• Visited June 2014