“Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coventry
The Daniel Rust House
Ranked #1 of 4 Coventry B&B and Inns
Ny
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband, son and I stayed here when we visited UCONN. I actually found this B and B on line and read a few reviews before we went. The reviews were great and we were not disappointed. The house is full of history and detail and the innkeeper Germaine shares all of the history with you when you walk in. All of the rooms are different and each one more interesting than the other. Germaine spent the evening baking banana muffins for breakfast but kept checking in on id as if we were family not guests. Breakfast was great with warm peaches, muffins and waffles. We had booked the largest room for three of us and we were to have a rollaway bed in the room for my son. When we arrived, the other rooms were vacant, so Germaine let my son sleep in his own rom which was a welcome surprise. You feel like family at the Daniel Rust House and if my son decides to go to UCONN, this will be our second home away from home. It is very comfortable and so full of treasures. Thank you Germaine!

Room Tip: Rooms in front are a bit noisy because of traffic on main road. Did not bother us but may be an issu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kennytwins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Hidden stairs...kings wood... a station for the underground railroad. This B & B should offer history tours to schools on American History! Germaine and Cathy are wonderful hosts and made my 13 year old and I feel incredibly comfortable. They are friendly, warm, and truly love having guests and being caretakers of this beautiful historic home. The home was tastefully decorated for the holidays with several christmas trees, and decorated garland in different rooms. We stayed in the Mercy Rust room, looking out over the circular brick patio, with a private bathroom across the hall. Germaine made us a hot plentiful breakfast remembering that my daughter is a vegetarian. The two resident cats are friendly and love to be cuddled, and the inn is dog friendly with a fenced in yard. We look forward to returning in the Spring and seeing the grounds in full bloom.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2011

In the middle of a hectic week of traveling in the Northeast for business, I happened upon the Daniel Rust House. Friends of mine have happily stayed there before and I thought a visit would be a welcome treat.

Off of a country road in Coventry, CT, the winding driveway and gardens were just a hint of what I would find inside. The keepers of this historic inn greeted me with smiles and made me feel right at home. I received a tour of the property and insight to some of the local lure.

My room and private bath were spectacular, the period pieces were just beautiful and the bed was incredibly warm and cozy under the fluffy down comforter.

This was the first time that I stayed at a bed-n-breakfast during a business trip and I wasn't sure how it would work out. But because the house and the innkeepers of the Daniel Rust House made me feel so safe and comfortable, it felt like like home. I got a good night's sleep followed by a hearty home-made breakfast. I just knew that my day was going to be successful.

I had such a wonderful stay, that I plan to return for a longer visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Massachsetts
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This is a handsome B & B manged with great hospitality and caring by Germaine and Kathy. My husband stayed at the inn all day while I left to visit with friends, so Kathy allowed us to check in early morning. When you arrive you follow a winding driveway off a busy street. The house is situated where traffic noise is not an issue. The property is carefully maintained.
We reserved the cottage, which includes a small kitchen and a very comfortable king size bed, and the decor is charming. Germaine baked banana bread to welcome us, and the room has a Kuerig coffee maker. We were happy with the cottage. However, I would advise any guests who are tall to select another room. since the cottagey is old, the ceilings in the cottage kitchen are quite low.
Germaine gave us a tour of the inn, which was tastefully decorated for St Patricks Day. All the rooms are pretty and immaculate.
The weather was beautiful so my husband enjoyed a long walk over the countryside.,
Breakfast was delcious. Kathy had inquired about allegies when I made reservations, and prepared ouor food accordingly. We enjoyed her wonderful scrambled eggs with ham, cheese and dill, followed by scrumptous blueberry pancakes.
As we were leaving, Germaine presented us with home made shortbread cookies to enjoy on our trip home. Just another example of how thoughtful the owners are.We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Clarkstown, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2010

This was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and I truly did not know what to expect. I was blown away. I was able to have my dog with me!!! We stayed in the cottage which has a king size bed, fireplace, kitchen, and a private bathroom. Cathy and Germaine, the Innkeepers, arranged for a massage therapist to give me a fireside, hour massage. The breakfasts were so delicious. I was truly spoiled. I've never been so relaxed on a vacation before... I have already made plans to go back in 3 weeks and again in February.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The Daniel Rust house is a jewel in Coventry. The beautifully renovated house is run by two extraordinary women who will make your stay a dream. The rooms are wonderful but make sure to get up to have some of their delicious breakfast. highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We could not have asked for a more wonderful stay. The house and grounds are beautiful, as was our room (the Mary Rose room); the innkeepers are delightful; and food (24-hour treats and breakfast) is delicious. In the morning, before others were up, I took a walk down the lovely country lane to the lake, meeting no one but a friendly black lab and his equally friendly owner. We hated to leave.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Best Western Storrs
Best Western Storrs
#1 of 1 in Mansfield Center

Been to The Daniel Rust House? Share your experiences!