“Rude all the way around!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Drinks, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude all the way around!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have never met such rude staff personnel - from the bouncer to the manager. Line was out the door and instead of getting another bouncer at the door they let the line continue to grow. It was very cold outside but they didn't care. Finally in and we sit at a table that the manager tells is to sit at. The rest of the night the manager harasses our group. Finally he pulls one of the guys aside and tells him that he doesn't need our business. Not sure where his issue was. We were one of the quieter tables. We went there for food half of us weren't even drinking. We were told we had 20 mins to finish up and leave. We will never go back and we are passing the word around. This place sucked!

• Visited February 2014

Middletown, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When house doesn't mean house.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Ordered a house white during happy hour, at suggestion of server only to find when presented with bill that our wine wasn't a "House" choice. When we asked why, server said, "that's the way it is" Had to ask twice to see manager, then he seemed to think charging us the happy hour "house" price made it OK. Food seemed different from previous visits and questions to server resulted in shrugs and "I don't know". Fries with fish and chips now average rather than out of the park. Sweet potato fries not worth the extra, came out burnt looking and soggy. Interior loud with lots of sports tv screens. During our visit, bar not busy, we were 2 booths from the hostess station where our server stood talking with 2 other servers.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Torrington, Connecticut, United States
“Below average service & poor food prep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Chicago Sam's due to a trivia contest being held there. The poor service started from the moment we walked in, with there being no hostess and having no idea where to go in the 10,000+ sq ft facility. After standing around for over 5 minutes, the hostess did eventually wander back and seat us.

After being seated, it took about 10 minutes for our server to come and take our drink orders. Note that, due to the large amount of people there for the trivia, I counted well over 20 employees walking around, so I do not see the large crowd as a reason for poor service. When we finally got our food (about 30 minutes), my burger that I requested well done was bright pink inside; back to the kitchen it went. My second attempt was cooked more thoroughly than the last, but still had a lot of pink; at this point, I was so hungry that I just accepted it and ate it.

I cannot say that I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone, unless you're just looking for a place with over 80 TV's in it.

Visited April 2013
“My meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

I am at rookies all of the time! And for all of you saying the service is crap- screw you ! The service might be "'slack" bc the girls are SOOOO BUSY taking care of your negative butts complaining about your 1/2 lb $1.00BURGER!!! It is a dollar for Gosh sake. Where else will u find a burger for a buck ?! Stop complaining about the service ( which is great I might add) and start complaining how you can get a nice juicy burger for a buck!!
And my servers name was "ALLY" ( of rookies in st charles)if you want good service . Ask for ally. Bc she is an excellent server !!!! Best I have ever had anywhere !!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Southington, Connecticut
“Good Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Drinks are well made, and good service. Bands are usually good entertainment on the weekends as well. And a great venue to watch sports. There are TVs EVERYWHERE!

Visited January 2013