“Outstanding service and selection”
Review of The Cue

The Cue
Ranked #24 of 290 Restaurants in Danbury
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last Friday I was visiting family in Fairfield, and we ate at The Cue, which is a real gem of a restaurant. The Cue is known for their smoked meats--not too heavy on the smoke, so diners can enjoy several of the different types of barbeque sauces that accompany the meal--as well as delicious salads and desserts. The creamed corn was out of this world, because the chef takes the time to roast the corn and shuck it before creaming it! Everything we had was absolutely wonderful, and our server Debbie took wonderful care of us. Even though this restaurant was 45 minutes away, all of us came away vowing we would be back soon. If you haven't been to The Cue, you need to go--it was FABULOUS!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived here at 7:45 and waited for a table...really, really busy. We did not know it was graduation day at Danbury High School.
The food was good, but the service was not good. It was crazy backed up in the kitchen and the waitress was overwhelmed. One hour for food from the kitchen was unacceptable. The burger I had was really juicy. My husband’s pulled pork was great. Fries are hand cut and good and crispy.
There was music in the bar. Country style. The bar is hoppin.
Valet parking was a surprise.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have been here a few times in the past 3 months. All food that we have ordered has been excellent, from the apps to deserts. BBQ sauces are great, portions are large! Ask for Mark when you go, one of the best waiters around!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered the oysters on the menu and they came back and said we are out of them. It was 7pm and hardly anyone was in there. I then ordered the prime rib which was on the menu and they came back and said they only make it on weekend but never change the menu. I then ordered sauted soft shell crabs. They arrived deep fried so I returned them. They did saute them for me in about a pound of butter and not crispy. I won't be back again. The waitress knew nothing about what they had. It was a joke but cost money not to laugh.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I recently ate dinner at The 'Cue' restaurant in Danbury, CT. This is a relatively new restaurant in an existing building. The latest owner has remodeled extensively in a country barbecue theme with lots of knotty pine woodwork in a light and bright finish. The bar area has tables as well as bar seating. I sat in the bar at a small table for two. The restaurant also has a main dining room with some large tables for big groups. The dinner menu is extensive as are the wine and liquor lists. I had an appetizer of 6 large oysters prepared with a smoke chipotle buerre blanc sauce. They were scrumptious and cooked perfectly to remain plump and tender. For my main course I chose the dry rubbed cheeseburger. which arrived on a lightly toasted brioche bun, topped with fried onion rings. The burger was nicely seasoned and flavorful, although a little overcooked for my taste. The baked russett potato was light, and tasty with a topping of melted cheese and chopped scallions. The bartender, and my server, Jake, brought me an ice cold Blue Moon promptly and took my order which was delivered in a timely fashion. I enjoyed my meal at The 'Cue and will return.