Ethan Allen Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Danbury(Danbury)
View Hotel
All reviewscocktail hourpastrywedding receptionsitting areaking suitehotel is beautifulrestaurant staffbreakfast buffet isdanbury areaflat screenfront desk staffbed was very comfortablevery pleasant stayconvenient locationstaff was friendlyoff the highwaybrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Ethan Allen is a great place to host any type of party. I hosted my second party this past weekend for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Last year I hosted my daughters sweet 16 at the hotel. Everybody at the hotel was amazing especially Eileen. The wait staff was excellent and they catered to all my needs. The food is excellent. The hotel rooms are very spacious and up-to-date. If I plan on having another party in the future I will definitely choose the Ethan Allen hotel. I highly recommend choosing the Ethan Allen hotel for your occasion or just for a nice dinner out.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank schuff74
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hello there,

Thank you for your continued business at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We truly appreciate it.

Many thanks for rating us 5 out of 5 for customer service! We are delighted you chose the Ethan Allen Hotel twice to host your important family social events.

We feel so honored to have hosted both your daughter's "Sweet 16" and your parents "40th Wedding Anniverary" . We are pleased you found our guest rooms spacious, liked our wait staff and enjoyed our food. We are delighted you found Eileen "amazing" - she is the best!

We hope you wil continue to have your future family social events with us. Please feel to contact me at (203) 448-7100, if I can ever be of assistance to you. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I won a one night getaway to the Ethan Allen Hotel (Romance Package). We were pleasantly surprised at how exquisite this place was. From the moment we entered the hotel everyone was very friendly and accomodating. The next morning my husband was not feeling well and did not go down to breakfast, one of the staff members carried a breakfast up for him, and on our way out another staff member asked how he was doing (she wasn't even the one that helped us!). The room was CLEAN, your own keurig in the room with real mugs...not paper....loved every bit about it. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi B
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Heidi,

We are delighted you had a "great" stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel and enjoyed our romance package! Thank you for rating us 5 out of 5 for customer service!

We are thrilled you had an exquisite stay; found our staff both friendly & accommodating, your guest room clean; liked the Kuerig coffee maker with "real" mugs, and will highly recommend us. That said, make us so happy & proud!

Heidi, the next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservsations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thank you -

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The room and carpeting in hallway could use some updating. Outside our room on the carpet was some candy or food with a pile of ants gathered around. Besides that the bed covering was very odd. The top covering was a blanket of some sort between two sheets. The odd thing was that this inner blanket was some sort of plastic which made it cold, hard, and heavy. I don't know how else to describe this. It was not comfortable at all due to this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lois,

Thank you choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

Please know the hotel will officially begin a multi-million dollar guest room and hallway renovation starting the end of October. A few of the items you mentioned will be addressed.

In addition, all of our beds are triple sheeted for your comfort, which means you never have the blanket touch your body.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100.

Once again, thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Unlike the July 2012 reviewer we found everyone to be friendly and helpful.

One of the afternoons we were surprised when the chef was in the lobby with a complimentary surprise taste treat featuring 2 kinds of pasta and choice of sauce. We chose ours with basil and bacon though there was a nice selection of other options. Scrumptious.

The hotel was very nice, clean, and everything was in order. Although it wasn't over the top it was comfortable and had everything we needed.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback!

Thank you for rating us 4 out 5 for customer service! We are delighted you found our staff both friendly and helpful. We are glad you indulged at the Chef's Station and enjoyed our selection of pasta and sauces. Our culinary team does an "outstanding" job with food in both our restaurant and for all social events.

We are further pleased you found the hotel clean & in order as well as comfortable, and had everything you needed. The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Janice Pernan-Nicholas
General Manager -Ethan Allen Hotel

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is owned by Ethan Allen furniture and you can tell it is not a big chaing hotel. The staff is attentive to your needs and is happy you have chosen their hotel, and it shows through their service. The Bar and Restaurant are both very nice.
The rooms are well appointed, very clean and comfortable.
I highly recommend this hotel for the business traveller.

Room Tip: I suggest you call the hotel and tell them what you like and they will accomodate as best they can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Thank you for rating us 5 out 5 for service! We are delighted you found our staff both attentive and pleasant; received outstanding service; enjoyed Fairfield's Restaurant & Lounge and found your guest room well appointed, clean and comfortable.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations. Thanks again!!!

Ethan Allen Hotel