“AMAZING STAFF & Wedding venue!”
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We could not have picked out a better place to get married! The staff was attentive and did an amazing job! Jeffery, Gregory, Joseph and Eileen were absolutely AWESOME! My Wife and I are going there next year to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: Hotel is being renovated and the rooms will be renovated soon. That is the only reason I have very g...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Margiv34
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Marg,

Congratulations on your wedding!

Thank you very much for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel to celebrate one of the most important days in your life! We are pleased you choose us as your venue and thank you for rating us 5 out 5 for customer service.

We are delighted you found Jeffrey, Greg, Joseph and Eileen amazing. We are forunate to have the "best" staff in the marketplace. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel to host your wedding reception. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you -

Regards,
21 Lake Ave, Ext,
Danbury CT 06811

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a small gathering this past week at the Ethan Allen. Even though we were not spending thousands of dollars, we were treated as if we were. Jeffrey, Gregory, Joseph and Eileen, are the best! They went over and above, even when our plans changed suddenly. We would highly recommend this hotel. Accommodations, restaurant, bar and all the staff were wonderful. Thank you again for such a memorable experience.

-Jeanine Sullivan

Room Tip: The king deluxe suite on the 6th floor was wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeanine S

Dear Jeanine,

Thank for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel. We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback!

Many thanks for rating us 5 out 5 for customer service! We are thrilled you chose our hotel to host your intimate family gathering. We are delighted you found our staff "amazing", especially Jeffrey, Joseph, Greg and Eileen. We pride ourselves on hiring & retaining the "best" staff in the marketplace.

We are further pleased you found the team accommodating in Fairfield's Restaurant & Lounge. The next time you intend on returning, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you!

Ethan Allen Hotel
21 Lake Ave Ext.
Danbury, CT 06811

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I had a room block at the Ethan Allen hotel for our wedding at candlewood inn. They were very accommodating to us and our guest. We also had our rehearsal dinner there and the food was great. The rooms are very nice and affordable. They have a great lounge to hang out in with your family and friends. The staff is very nice and Eileen was great to work with. Definitely recommend staying there, its the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeff D
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel for your wedding block and rehersal dinner. We truly appreciate your business.

Thank you for rating us 5 out of 5 for service! We are thrilled you found the hotel to be a "great place"; enjoyed our food; found the rooms nice and of good value; enjoyed Fairfield's Lounge and liked our staff, especially Eilleen, one of our superstars!

Most importantly, we are delighted you will reccommend our hotel to others.

Jeff, the next time you intend on returning, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you. Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

me and my mom stayed in your hotel on 30th thru sept 5th we sttayed there for a anniversary party on ridgefield ct so it was so close to everything and wasnt hard to find the room was very nice and the food was really goos

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 487ginger45

Hi there,

We are delighted you recently stayed at the Ethan Allen Hotel to attend an anniverary party.

Thank you for rating us 5 out of 5 for service! We are thrilled you found your guest room nice and our food good.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to call me direclty at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Ethan Allen is a great place to host any type of party. I hosted my second party this past weekend for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Last year I hosted my daughters sweet 16 at the hotel. Everybody at the hotel was amazing especially Eileen. The wait staff was excellent and they catered to all my needs. The food is excellent. The hotel rooms are very spacious and up-to-date. If I plan on having another party in the future I will definitely choose the Ethan Allen hotel. I highly recommend choosing the Ethan Allen hotel for your occasion or just for a nice dinner out.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank schuff74

Hello there,

Thank you for your continued business at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We truly appreciate it.

Many thanks for rating us 5 out of 5 for customer service! We are delighted you chose the Ethan Allen Hotel twice to host your important family social events.

We feel so honored to have hosted both your daughter's "Sweet 16" and your parents "40th Wedding Anniverary" . We are pleased you found our guest rooms spacious, liked our wait staff and enjoyed our food. We are delighted you found Eileen "amazing" - she is the best!

We hope you wil continue to have your future family social events with us. Please feel to contact me at (203) 448-7100, if I can ever be of assistance to you. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I won a one night getaway to the Ethan Allen Hotel (Romance Package). We were pleasantly surprised at how exquisite this place was. From the moment we entered the hotel everyone was very friendly and accomodating. The next morning my husband was not feeling well and did not go down to breakfast, one of the staff members carried a breakfast up for him, and on our way out another staff member asked how he was doing (she wasn't even the one that helped us!). The room was CLEAN, your own keurig in the room with real mugs...not paper....loved every bit about it. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi B
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Heidi,

We are delighted you had a "great" stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel and enjoyed our romance package! Thank you for rating us 5 out of 5 for customer service!

We are thrilled you had an exquisite stay; found our staff both friendly & accommodating, your guest room clean; liked the Kuerig coffee maker with "real" mugs, and will highly recommend us. That said, make us so happy & proud!

Heidi, the next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservsations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thank you -

Warmest regards,

Danbury, CT

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The room and carpeting in hallway could use some updating. Outside our room on the carpet was some candy or food with a pile of ants gathered around. Besides that the bed covering was very odd. The top covering was a blanket of some sort between two sheets. The odd thing was that this inner blanket was some sort of plastic which made it cold, hard, and heavy. I don't know how else to describe this. It was not comfortable at all due to this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lois,

Thank you choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

Please know the hotel will officially begin a multi-million dollar guest room and hallway renovation starting the end of October. A few of the items you mentioned will be addressed.

In addition, all of our beds are triple sheeted for your comfort, which means you never have the blanket touch your body.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100.

Once again, thank you for your patronage.