“Great wedding stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberdeen, New Jersey
“Great wedding stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I just recently attended my brothers wedding at the Ethan Allen and can't say enough about the experience! I have to mention one of the servers, Jennifer- she was a true pleasure to work with! I had a few requests for the reception that were slightly out of the ordinary but Jennifer went out of her way to make sure everything I needed was there to help make my brother and new sisters wedding day perfect! The manager was also very accommodating and very pleasant to talk with as were the rest of the servers, bartenders and front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bmcgoldrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed with our friend in the bridal suite for her wedding. When couch wasn't a pull out, we were on phone with the front desk for 90+ minutes trying to figure out a possible solution due to the hotel being booked for 4 weddings. We were told from 5pm on the room was exactly what we were told it was. Keep in mind, we reserved these rooms 9+ months ago. Instead of helping us with a solution, they sent up security saying they needed to check us out and tell us we were a "potential fire hazard". The 2nd night, they overcharged us for 2 double rooms and charged us the $110 rate instead of their STANDARD WEBSITE PRICE of $90. What a rip off!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa1781
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your business and welcome all feedback.

On behalf of team, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for a less than pleasant stay. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this siutation. The best way to contact me is: (203) 448-7100. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you -

Weston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I really enjoy staying at this hotel when we are in the area. This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. It is always clean and comfortable and the staff is always courteous and professional. We really appreciate the quality of the hotel for such a fair price. We will definitely recommend this hotel to all of our friends or family who are going to be in the area and we will definitely stay here again when we return to Patterson. We've also heard that the hotel will be remodeling all the rooms in May 2014 and so we can't wait to see it then!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GayleT663
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Gayle,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your buisness and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled both you and your husband decided to stay with us for a second time and delighted you found the hotel both clean and comfortable; our staff both courteous and professional and you received great value for price paid. Many thanks for rating us 5 out of 5 for customer service!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and often! Please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you. Thanks again Gayle!

Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My sister and I were looking for a hotel at the last minute since the hotel we booked was horrid and we needed to leave immediately. We found the Ethan Allen on the main drag, and although it doesn't look fancy from the outside, the interior was very nice and the staff outstanding! It is one of the most comfortable places to stay with clean well appointed rooms and, again, a professional, charming, welcoming staff. Thanks to all of you.

Room Tip: Don't forget to let the staff know if you have AAA or are a senior. They discount for us!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mssuz
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel. We are pleased you discovered us!

Thank you for rating us 4 out 5 for customer service! We are delighted you found our staff attentive & professional, the hotel comfortable & charming, and your guest room both well appointed & clean.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to contact me direclty at (203) 448-7100, so I may assist you personally with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often! Thank you -

Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My partner and I enjoyed this clean, well appointed Hotel while traveling home from business. We had an 8 hour trip home and decided to make a stop over half way through. I found the Ethan Allen Hotel on line, read good things about it and called to make a one night reservation. The person who took my reservation was polite and efficient. The hotel is very conveniently located, just off I-84 in Danbury. Upon arrival, check in was handled efficiently and the desk staff was nicely dressed and polite. We received two vouchers for a free glass of wine or beer. We enjoyed dinner in the bar, instead of eating in the dining room, and our server, Robert was very friendly and efficient. The food was delicious! My partner enjoyed rack of lamb and a bowl of clam chowder and I had a bowl of their seasonal special butternut squash soup and a Cobb salad both of which were outstanding. Our sleeping room was neat, clean and quiet. The lobby area is beautiful and newly refurbished, with leather couches and a nice fireplace. However, the hallways and our sleeping room were ready for an upgrade. There was a notice in our room that room and hallway upgrades were in progress. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the price for the Continental Buffet was very reasonable, only $6.95. All in all, I recommend this Hotel for business travel and would return if in the area again. We did not use the Spa.

Room Tip: Our room was a two room Junior Suite and was very comfortable. The A/C was a wall unit with the cont...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel during your recent trip! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback & comments.

We are delighted you found our Danbury location convenient; the hotel clean and well-appointed; the staff polite & nicely groomed; the food in Fairfield's Restaurant delicious; our newly renovated lobby beautiful and our accomocations neat, clean and quiet. We truly appreciate you rated us 4 out 5 for customer service.

The next time you intend on returning, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and often. Many thanks!

21 Lake Ave, Ext
Danbury, CT 06811
Marietta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Always wanted to stay here traveling from the South to New England. We were so surprised that this full service hotel was such a fair price. Had a lovely suite for $125. All the personnel were gracious and professional. Dinner in the dining room was excellent. The server was the best. Beautiful ambiance throughout the hotel. We''l be back.

Room Tip: Worth the small cost of a suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 5sandyhook
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel while traveling. We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Many thanks for rating us 5 out 5 for customer service! We are delighted you received good value for price paid. We are pleased you found our staff both gracious and professional. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" employees in the market.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your dinner in Fairfield's Restaurant, along with excellent service and the beautiful ambiance. We can not wait until you return. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel - we look forward to seeing you again soon and often!

General Manager - Ethan Allen Hotel
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We visited the last week of September for my small wedding. There were four of us in total. W actually chose to get married in Danbury because of the Ethan Allen Hotel! From the moment we checked in and throughout our entire stay the staff was aware of who we were and acknowledged us in a friendly yet professional manner. As things sometimes go with weddings, we were forced to changed several aspects of the ceremony and after party. Eileen's help was top-notch! I can't imagine how we would have survived without her. Jeffery, Gregory, and Joseph were always there for us as well. We plan to return next year to celebrate this anniversary and you can bet we will be staying at the Ethan Allen Hotel! Skip the big chains and stay in a hotel where you are not just another customer and they truly appreciate your business and care about your comfort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Justkda
Congratulations on getting married!

We are truly delighted you choose to get married in Danbury because of the Ethan Allen Hotel.

Thank you for rating our customer service 5 out of 5! We are thrilled you found the entire team friendly, professional and helpful. We are forunate to have hired and retained the "best" staff in the marketplace. We are pleased Eileen, Jeffrey, Joseph and Greg were helpful in every aspect of making your wedding day a success.

We all forward to welcoming you back on your first anniversary. If and when, I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100. Thank you!

Warmest regards,