“First night on return trip to FL”
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stayed here on my trips back and forth from FL and ME for several years now. Danbury is the perfect distance for my trip. I chose Ethan Allen because they accepted pets, one of the very few at the time. I continue to stay there as the hotel is very good and familiar, even my cat settles right in when we get there. The front desk staff are very nice and perform their jobs very well. The lady who works in the evening has been there for years which says a lot to me as to how a company treats its employees. The beds are so comfortable I end up oversleeping and checking out late.
The pet section has improved tremendously. Had I written a review 3 years ago I would have called it poor. The pet rooms were terrible, floors needed vacuuming, carpet was threadbare and the furniture was in poor shape. I probably left the floor cleaner when I left since I sweep up after my cat. When I complained I basically was treated like I didn't deserve any better because I had a pet. The hotel has improved so much since then. The pet rooms are back to the standard of the non-pet rooms (on occasion there isn't a pet room available).
I can't wait to see how the hotel looks when the remodel is complete. I will continue to choose Ethan Allen in the future, I only wish I could stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The reception was smooth. Our room was clean and facilities adequate.
The breakfast was excellent and service was very good.
the only thing was lack of bell service as we had to lift our luggages ourselves to our 2nd floor room.
I will recommend it to anyone travelling to Danbury, CT.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James O
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our 40th High School Reunion was nothing short of superb. The Hotel's Director of Catering, Eileen Whitney-Cabral and her staff went well beyond what anyone would have expected from a big national chain, they made you feel like you were home with family. The three hour grazing buffet provided was first class. Everything from the Tuscan Table and Pasta Station to the Pulled Pork Sliders and Desert Station was phenomenal. Bottom-line, if you are searching for a venue to hold your next function, no look no further than the Ethan Allan.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJHS73
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Hotel for our son's wedding. The hotel was very accommodating and were very helpful in setting up a breakfast the next day for those who stayed overnight. They answered numerous questions while we were setting up the breakfast and room block for our guests and tried their best to get the rooms ready early in the day as our wedding was at 3:30 in a local church. I would recommend them for any stays while in the Danbury area.

Room Tip: The King and Double suites are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I just recently attended my brothers wedding at the Ethan Allen and can't say enough about the experience! I have to mention one of the servers, Jennifer- she was a true pleasure to work with! I had a few requests for the reception that were slightly out of the ordinary but Jennifer went out of her way to make sure everything I needed was there to help make my brother and new sisters wedding day perfect! The manager was also very accommodating and very pleasant to talk with as were the rest of the servers, bartenders and front desk staff.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank bmcgoldrick
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed with our friend in the bridal suite for her wedding. When couch wasn't a pull out, we were on phone with the front desk for 90+ minutes trying to figure out a possible solution due to the hotel being booked for 4 weddings. We were told from 5pm on the room was exactly what we were told it was. Keep in mind, we reserved these rooms 9+ months ago. Instead of helping us with a solution, they sent up security saying they needed to check us out and tell us we were a "potential fire hazard". The 2nd night, they overcharged us for 2 double rooms and charged us the $110 rate instead of their STANDARD WEBSITE PRICE of $90. What a rip off!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa1781
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your business and welcome all feedback.

On behalf of team, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for a less than pleasant stay. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this siutation. The best way to contact me is: (203) 448-7100. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you -

Best,
Janice Perna-Nicholas

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I really enjoy staying at this hotel when we are in the area. This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. It is always clean and comfortable and the staff is always courteous and professional. We really appreciate the quality of the hotel for such a fair price. We will definitely recommend this hotel to all of our friends or family who are going to be in the area and we will definitely stay here again when we return to Patterson. We've also heard that the hotel will be remodeling all the rooms in May 2014 and so we can't wait to see it then!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GayleT663
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Gayle,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your buisness and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled both you and your husband decided to stay with us for a second time and delighted you found the hotel both clean and comfortable; our staff both courteous and professional and you received great value for price paid. Many thanks for rating us 5 out of 5 for customer service!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and often! Please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you. Thanks again Gayle!

Best,