“Wonderful experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brewster, New York
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I spent an overnight March 1 - 2. We made the reservation with the information from reservations that there was live music from 8:30 - 12:30. After checking in to a lovely room #308, we went down to the lounge for a cocktail before getting ready for dinner. While speaking with Danielle, the barmaid, we found out that there was to be no music. We were pretty upset, because we like to go out dancing. We told her that we came there for that reason. She was so nice and apologetic, she even gave us drinks on the house and told us to bring it up with management. We decided to make the best of it and we ended up having a wonderful time. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. They couldn't have been nicer. The room was spotless and comfortable. The food was delicious especially the Sunday brunch, unbelievable, so much food. Joseph, who I believe was running the buffet, was great. As was Roger, who gave us a wonderful seat. Monday afternoon, Janice from management, gave me a call to apologize for the misinformation and told us to give her a call when we want to come back and she will give us an upgrade to compensate for the mistake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maria r
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Maria R,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review with our TripAdvisor community. We were thrilled to host you during your recent visit to the area and happy to hear we did not disappoint.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Hopefully when you choose to stay with us we will have the live entertainment and an awesome room upgrade!

All the best in your future travels!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
CT
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Ethan Allen Hotel as wedding guests. The hotel is beautiful. We were in a newly renovated king suite and the furnishings and décor were so well done. The bed, pillows and sheets were very comfortable. Place was so clean too. We only live 30 minutes from the hotel but the room rate was so reasonable we decided to overnight and so glad that we did. The wedding we attended was fantastic. The staff was very accommodating. We called ahead for early check in and it wasn't a problem at all. Then we were looking for a little bit of a later check out time and again the staff was very accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I hope someday I will have a reason to go back and overnight again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LivvyMark
LivvyMark,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. What a great wedding you attended this past weekend! I am sure both Lauren and Billy were thrilled to have you as there guest, just as much as we were to have you as ours. I'll be certain to inform our great staff here, of the outstanding job everyone did to make the wedding & your stay memorable.

Just because you live close doesn't mean you can't return for a weekend get away. We love to see you back. So next time you are in the area please reach out to me personally and I'll be able to assist you with your reservations and every need!

203-744-1776 EX:230
jhowley@ethanallenhotel.com
Connecticut
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Truly a wonderful experience. We held a large corporate meeting at the hotel which included meeting and sleeping rooms and it could not have been any better. The food and facilities were top notch. The staff goes out of their way to ensure a superb customer experience. The newly renovated decor is gorgeous. Wholeheartedly recommend this hotel above all others in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ScubaFamilyof4
Scubafamilyof4,

Thank you for staying with us and also for providing the feedback regarding your visit. We were thrilled to host your company, during your recent visit to the area and happy to hear we did not disappoint. I will certainly congratulated our team for the excellent service.

My hope is that you will return in the future.

Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference this week. Very surprised at the newly refurbished meeting rooms and bedrooms. Clean and modern, nice sheets and pillows as well. Most impressive was the quality of the food. When feeding 300+ people it's often hard to keep it hot, interesting and tasty and they succeeded in all three. People in the group were very impressed. A few of us had gluten allergies and they addressed all concerns perfectly. Helpful friendly staff made the busy stay productive and successful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SCITUATED
SCITUATED,

Thank you very much for being our guest last week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay/meeting and that you found both the location and amenities right in line with your expectation and needs.

We look forward to having you back with us again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

Clarence Center, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Was in the area to visit family & friends. Sorry I had to cut my stay short due to weather/travel issues. Wish I could have stayed more than one night in this beautiful hotel. Front desk staff (especially Joe Howley) were so welcoming & friendly. Room we were given was beautiful (super comfortable bed). Breakfast buffet was very good & reasonably priced. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dani199,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay at our beautiful hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay and that you found both the location and amenities right in line with your expectation and needs.

We look forward to seeing you upon your next travels to the Danbury area!

West New York, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had just stayed at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT this weekend and I was very impressed. I was kindly greeted and upgraded to a newly renovated king suite. The decor was beautiful and the bed was one of the best I have slept in. The two guys at the front desk, Chris and Cory, provided my wife and I with exceptional customer service and accommodate all of our needs. I saw they have a restaurant and lounge on the property but was unable to eat there due to prior engagements. I will definitely be trying the food next time I come for a visit. I normally stay at another hotel in the area, but when travelling to the area, I will definitely stay here again. I recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Danbury area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M J
M J,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay.

Thank you for mentioning our staff members Cory & Kris. I love reading reviews such as the one you posted. As we pride ourselves on our wonderful staff here. I’ll be sure to share this review with them and give them the proper acknowledgement they deserve.

Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight while traveling for business. Staff was friendly and the lobby was nice. The room was typical sized but the furnishings were much better.
Bed was comfortable too.
The only complaint is that the thick room darkening curtains hanging on the window are all for looks. They don't close! My room was right on the well lit courtyard and was lit up like daytime all night!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Stormyva,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the curtains not being able to close. You are correct that the first set of dark curtains do not close. But, there is a second set behind the decor one that closes. I am sorry you were unable to find the second set of curtains, and hope you were still able to get a great nights rest.

Please feel free to contact me upon your next return as I'll be more than happy to assist you with reservations, and assisting you with the curtains in the room.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

203 744 1776 EX: 230