“overnight stay between Pittsburgh and Boston”
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

From the front desk check in to our room, everything was perfect. We were a little nervous as there was a party bus loading many folks for a wedding that would be returning later on in the evening. We never heard it arrive back to the hotel. The restaurant was tremendous, food delicious and Jackie our waitress was exceptional as was the bartender that evening who told us about the town of Danbury. Wonderful visit and if we drive next year to Boston for the marathon we will definitely stay here! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Everything was perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bettylynn M
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Bettylynn,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay.

Jackie is a great asset to our team, and I can't wait to share this terrific review with her!

We look forward to having you back with us again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

All the best,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hotel is beautiful, staff are nice and helpful! Our overall experience was wonderful. Our trip was great and our stay at the hotel made it better. Thanks to all the staff for a great stay. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank CandiceTennant

Candice,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay at our beautiful hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are happy to inform you that our outdoor pool will be opening up May 23rd!!!! It will be a perfect reason for you to come back and enjoy another delightful stay!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have been staying at the Ethan Allen Hotel 5 days a week for the last 8 months. I can not say enough about the staff here. They made me feel very welcomed and were more than accommodating to anything that I needed. The place is extremely clean and the new renovations are absolutely beautiful. The Fairfields restaurant, in the hotel, has some of the best food in town with great bartenders and waitstaff. They made my stay there feel like I was at home. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Danbury area. You will not be dissappointed!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the King Suite!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff M

Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a terrific review! We are glad that our family here was able to make the past 8 months a terrific 2nd home! We will miss seeing you come in every Monday and unfortunately departing every Friday.

We know you will be back in the area sometime in the near future and we hope that you stop by and say hello!

All the best to you!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at Ethan Allen for a friends wedding. Our toilet clogged and flooded the bathroom in the middle of the night. They came up changed our room apologized and gave us free vouchers for breakfast. A week later I discovered an unauthorized charge made by the hotel for 150$. I tried to reach the hotel over and over each time they claimed the manager was "in a meeting" and refused to tell me what the charge was for or do anything about it. I eventually had to dispute the charge and cancel my debit card. I have never had such a poor experience with a hotel in my life. Beware, do not stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank A S
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had a one-night stay in Danbury, driving home from a business trip. The gentleman at the front desk (who was there the next morning!) was very, very nice. He checked me in quickly and let me know that the refurbishing of my room had just been completed a week before. After dropping off my bags, I had dinner in the full-service restaurant downstairs. The food was truly great - higher end, upscale cuisine. My waitress was very friendly and attentive. I'd thought I'd grab lighter fare in the bar/pub, but I was the only chick in a room full of men drinking beer and watching sports. Normally, I'd love to be surrounded by men, but I was absolutely exhausted. The room was very quiet, got a great night's rest and checked out early the next AM. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lobrow458

Lobrow458,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our TripAdvisor community!! We were thrilled to host you during your recent visit to the area and happy to hear we did not disappoint.

We are excited to hear about your great experience at our Fairfields restaurant! As you may or may not know, our restaurant is open to the public as well! We hope to have you back sometime for dinner, or hopefully as a guest of our hotel!

Please consider us again as your travels bring you back to the area as we would love to welcome you back.

All the best in your future travels!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel. The hotel is very well maintained and clean.There is plenty of parking. The staff is very professional and helpful. They have plenty of banquet facilities. Located next to Ethan Allen Corporate offices and an Ethan Allen Furniture store.

Room Tip: Get a room that will overlook the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TomMcN
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Tommcn,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay and that you found both the location and amenities right in line with your expectation and needs.

Our outdoor pool opens May 23rd and we look forward to having you back this summer!!

All the best,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Staying here was a disappointment because we were not treated well. I made a reservation over the phone and the guy who answered was very pleasant, so I was looking forward to staying here. However when I checked in, the woman at the desk was not friendly or welcoming. She did not even look at me and made me feel unwelcome. The rest of the staff seem to ignore us. They seem to give the impression that we did not belong because we could not possibly afford to stay here. This is just bad business! I never plan to stay here again and I certainly will never recommend this to my friends who travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple