“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Monica, California
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Checked in a bit late into the evening but the front desk was very accommodating and pleasant. Cory checked me into my room, very nice lobby, loved everything from the cookies, water and the little stand of veggies and crackers. Had a long flight and travel that day so I decided to order room service, the staff who took my order/delivered my food were very nice and the food was terrific. I stayed for a few nights for business, my room was comfortable and clean, I was informed the rooms are newly renovated, they're very nice! Second night I decided to go down for dinner, I had the option of sitting in the bar or dining in the restaurant. Dinner in the restaurant was very calm and relaxing, dinner was great service was wonderful and attentive. Jackie, my server told me all about the specials & had a smile the whole time, also Linda the bartender was very sweet, great staff. I will definitely stay here again if I ever get the chance to come back up this way. Keep up the nice work.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ara1980
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
ARA1980,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay at our beautiful hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your positive feedback about our awesome staff here at our property. I will be sure to inform our amazing staff that we have here about your positive comments and great stay. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the marketplace.

We welcome you back for the summer as our pool opens this weekend!!! We hope to see you back again in the area!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Rooms are unique mini-suites outfitted with Ethan Allen furnishings. Great bed...great bath...2 flat-screen TV's! Gym is good and both bar and restaurant were very good ! Often have "welcome events" at check-in including happy hour. Great people with a special shout-out to Patti Williams at the front desk. Free internet/wi-fi/desk in room with plenty of plugs! Good function facilities! The ONLY place to stay in the Danbury CT area!!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank NHJohn
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
John,

We love our business travelers as we have multiple special rates with companies in the local area. We hope that you are able to return to the area and enjoy yet another stay with us.

I love to hear from guest feedback about our staff, especially by name. We have a great team at the Ethan Allen Hotel, and one of the main reasons for this are employees like Patty. She is a terrific employee and were happy to have her on our team. I cannot wait to share this review with her the next time she works!

We look forward to having you back with us again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

From the front desk check in to our room, everything was perfect. We were a little nervous as there was a party bus loading many folks for a wedding that would be returning later on in the evening. We never heard it arrive back to the hotel. The restaurant was tremendous, food delicious and Jackie our waitress was exceptional as was the bartender that evening who told us about the town of Danbury. Wonderful visit and if we drive next year to Boston for the marathon we will definitely stay here! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Everything was perfect!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bettylynn M
Bettylynn,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay.

Jackie is a great asset to our team, and I can't wait to share this terrific review with her!

Brighton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hotel is beautiful, staff are nice and helpful! Our overall experience was wonderful. Our trip was great and our stay at the hotel made it better. Thanks to all the staff for a great stay. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CandiceTennant
Candice,

We are happy to inform you that our outdoor pool will be opening up May 23rd!!!! It will be a perfect reason for you to come back and enjoy another delightful stay!

Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have been staying at the Ethan Allen Hotel 5 days a week for the last 8 months. I can not say enough about the staff here. They made me feel very welcomed and were more than accommodating to anything that I needed. The place is extremely clean and the new renovations are absolutely beautiful. The Fairfields restaurant, in the hotel, has some of the best food in town with great bartenders and waitstaff. They made my stay there feel like I was at home. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Danbury area. You will not be dissappointed!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the King Suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff M
Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a terrific review! We are glad that our family here was able to make the past 8 months a terrific 2nd home! We will miss seeing you come in every Monday and unfortunately departing every Friday.

We know you will be back in the area sometime in the near future and we hope that you stop by and say hello!

All the best to you!

Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at Ethan Allen for a friends wedding. Our toilet clogged and flooded the bathroom in the middle of the night. They came up changed our room apologized and gave us free vouchers for breakfast. A week later I discovered an unauthorized charge made by the hotel for 150$. I tried to reach the hotel over and over each time they claimed the manager was "in a meeting" and refused to tell me what the charge was for or do anything about it. I eventually had to dispute the charge and cancel my debit card. I have never had such a poor experience with a hotel in my life. Beware, do not stay here!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank A S
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had a one-night stay in Danbury, driving home from a business trip. The gentleman at the front desk (who was there the next morning!) was very, very nice. He checked me in quickly and let me know that the refurbishing of my room had just been completed a week before. After dropping off my bags, I had dinner in the full-service restaurant downstairs. The food was truly great - higher end, upscale cuisine. My waitress was very friendly and attentive. I'd thought I'd grab lighter fare in the bar/pub, but I was the only chick in a room full of men drinking beer and watching sports. Normally, I'd love to be surrounded by men, but I was absolutely exhausted. The room was very quiet, got a great night's rest and checked out early the next AM. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lobrow458
Lobrow458,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our TripAdvisor community!! We were thrilled to host you during your recent visit to the area and happy to hear we did not disappoint.

We are excited to hear about your great experience at our Fairfields restaurant! As you may or may not know, our restaurant is open to the public as well! We hope to have you back sometime for dinner, or hopefully as a guest of our hotel!

Please consider us again as your travels bring you back to the area as we would love to welcome you back.

All the best in your future travels!