“I wonderful jewel of a hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rhode Island
“I wonderful jewel of a hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was on business nearby and a friend had mentioned this hotel to me. It exceeded my expectations by being so quaint and charming and clean. My suite was very tasteful and after all the Ethan Allen name has been around for ages and holds up to reputation for quality and style. The managing staff were most accommodating with directions and smiling faces and I shall return again soon and would recommend this hotel for a boutique style hotel in the area. I was pleasantly surprised! Thank you to Patty my kind desk manager who made me feel so welcome!!
Alexandra
*although I was alone, families would enjoy a suite and the pool too!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend a suite for a little extra $. It was worth it and beautifully decorated fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexandra V
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Alexandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay at our beautiful hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your positive feedback about our awesome staff here at our property. I will be sure to inform our amazing staff that we have here about your positive comments and great stay. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the marketplace.

We look forward to seeing your return to our beautiful hotel.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
Norway, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Once again my daughter and I were treated to a memorable experience here. From the ease and quality of the Fairfields restaurant to the relaxing, beautifully decorated room, we enjoyed our stay. The manager and her staff have worked hard to keep guests happy and comfortable. This place is a mainstay on our travel route!

Room Tip: A king suite allows 2 people to share a room and yet secure some privacy. The higher floors are per...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanne E
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Jeanne,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay and that you found both the location and amenities right in line with your expectation and needs.

We look forward to having you back with us again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

To the General manager, Lastweek was the first time I was in your beautiful hotel(rooms were Immaculate) for a well catered wedding. We enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. Linda the bartender, was exceptional catering to my aging father with respect and courtesy a favorable experience. I would be happy to return to Ethan Allen Hotel. :-)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lorraine K
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Ethan Allen Hotel over July 4th weekend. I believe this is a hidden gem of a hotel and presents a great value for money. Our room had been updated with quality furniture and flat screens. The bar and restaurant area has lots of space to get comfortable. The staff and food exceeded our expectations. Patty and Clint at the front desk do an amazing job making guest feel welcome in their town. I travel regularly on business and truly appreciate a front desk staff that works hard to provide outstanding service to their guest. The location is close to the college with great shopping at the nearby mall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HT B
HT,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your positive comments. We appreciate the recognition for our team and I'll be sure to share this review with them as well as the rest of our team.

Please consider us again as your travels bring you back to the area as we would love to welcome you back.

All the best in your future travels!

Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice Hotel, Unless you need to sleep”

Let me start off with the good- My bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly nice. The staff wasn't unfriendly, but I would say the least friendly of any at the other Hudson Valley area hotels I've stayed
very happy to find the Ethan Allen Hotel. The room was beautifully decorated as one would expect, but we were also very impressed by the friendly staff at the front desk and at the buffet breakfast...

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have less A/C unit noise" Every things you need is on time in rooms is in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Awny,

Thank you very much for being our guest this week and for sharing a terrific review online. I am very happy to know that our team was able to make a positive impact on your stay.

We look forward to having you back with us again in the future and thank you again for staying at the Ethan Allen Hotel.

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights recently while teaching in Westchester county, NY. The best force this place has is their staff. Room service, front desk, and other staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms are well appointed with nice furnishings. But the rooms need a lot of attention to update them. In other words, some of the sleeping rooms have seen better days. Compared to the cost of hotels in New York, this was very reasonably priced. At night, it seems to have a bare-bones staff. There was a large group of teens on my hotel wing that were very loud and running back and forth through the hallways at night. Also, I noticed that the exterior doors on the sides of the building are very heavy and not handicap accessible. If that is important for your stay, keep it in mind. The main lobby door is accessible, though. If you have children, there is a McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts across the street. Plenty of free parking.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CW413,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am not sure if you had stayed at the correct location. We just finished a full renovation of all our guestrooms in May 2014. The renovation was a multi-million dollar renovation in which we got all new furnishings, wall paper, and carpet just to name a few new features in our newly renovated rooms.

Please consider us again as your travels bring you back to the area.

Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Beautiful courtyard/pool area; and lovely lobby. But price for room was higher than Hilton, Marriott and Westin all of which had complimentary coffee in the lobby and/or complimentary continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Room was poorly lit. Closet door was off the track. Bath tub drain was not flowing properly. A/C noi...
Green Features: Nothing out of the ordinary. Rooms were either too warm or too cold. Very hard to read due to dimness of lights.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jjf71
Joe H, Front Office Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
jjf71,

Thank You for staying with us this past week. We are glad that you found our outdoor courtyard and pool beautiful and useful.

I am sorry to read that you found our rooms too highly priced compared to the other hotels you mentioned. The hotels that offer the coffee, are "limited service" hotels and do not offer the same amenities we have here at our property. For example, we have a bar, restaurant, live entertainment (Friday & Saturdays from 9pm-1am), outdoor pool, room service (for breakfast, lunch, & dinner), full gift shop, on-site laundry, fitness center, and free wifi, just to name a few. In regards to coffee in the lobby all rooms are equipped with a one touch coffee maker in each room, in which the coffee is free. All of our rooms are also newly furnished with brand new Ethan Allen Furniture in which we completed our most recent renovations in May2014. Our hotel has a lot to offer in all aspects. As we may be priced higher than these other "chain" hotels we are a special product and would want everyone to come and see all of our amenities, product, and services.

Although our hotel appears not conducive to your needs, when your travels take you back to the Danbury area, there are numerous smaller roadside chain hotels/motels which offer clean and simple rooms without the need for our amenities and outdoor recreation.