“You'll keep going back”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Washingtonville, New York
“You'll keep going back”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I started working in the area just about the time Kibberia opened. My first day on the job and I was taken to this wonderful place to eat. 3 years and counting and sometimes I go 3 times or more each week. The food is so fresh, flavorful and plentiful. Customer service is great as well. Some of my favorite foods are the lamb or chicken shawarma salads, the beef and lamb kafta pocket. The falafel is fantastic and I love it spicy too. The chicken soup is one of the best soups I have had. Spicy baba ganoush is great. Truth be told, I could name 95% of the items on their large menu and they are all my favorites. It really is so hard to choose what to have for lunch. The desserts are so delectable, I wish I wasn't watching my weight. They have really put together a very nice restaurant with top-notch food and a nice casual atmosphere. And it is right off of exit 2 on Rte. 84 in Ct. so it is easy to find. Even if you think you are not a fan of middle eastern food, you need to go here and try it out. You will be a convert.
Thanks Kibberia for some great eats!

• Visited May 2014

Central New Jersey
“Good, casual dining, generous portions”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We travel the New Jersey to Boston run frequently. As such, we know there are numerous fast food places. Kibberia in Danbury is about a mile from Exit 2 of I84, so not really a fast off/on, but well worth the trip. We love the kibbe soup, and the spicy Baba Ghanoush is excellent. My wife ordered the Kibbe pocket, which is served in a pita bowl, and was very good. We found ourselves to be quite full, and brought a doggie bag to my brother in law, who is Lebanese. He pronounced it all very good, if not quite as good as his Mom's. Since we all know you can't beat mother's cooking, a fine compliment.
At kibberia you place your order at the counter, and your order is then brought to your table. The decor is simple, like a cafeteria, but clean and well kept. The staff is knowledgeable and efficient.
If you're looking for something a bit different in your routine, Kibberia fits the bill very well.

• Visited May 2014
New York
“Great For Your Falafel Fix!!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I love going to this place for lunch. The food is excellent. I've spend some time in the middle east and this is super fresh and very authentic. It's a nice, funky, casual place for lunch. Service is reasonably quick, the prices are very fair. Definitely highly recommended!

Visited May 2014
CT
“One of my Favorites!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The food at Kibberia is fresh, healthy & delicious. Absolutely love their soups, lentil is my favorite! I also really enjoy theirs salads and their chicken tawook. I eat here for lunch a couple times a week and always enjoy everything I order. If in Danbury and you want a casual good place to eat, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Danbury, Connecticut
“Food was ok”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had flatbreads and they were not flavorful at all. Need some salt or something. The falafel was very good and so was the humus. Otherwise it was nothing more than average middle eastern food. We will try it again and see how it goes.

• Visited March 2014