“Abbondaza!”

Stanziato's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #5 of 285 Restaurants in Danbury
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I find it hard to review Italian food being Italian myself, born and raised in the tri-state area.
The Summer Squid salad was delicious. Perfect mix of Calamari, Avacado and corn and seasonings. I always get the Diablo pizza, lots of gahhhlic like the menu says...and shrimp. Will be back!!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been wanting to visit Stanziato's for some time now and boy do I regret I didn't get there earlier. If you love good, fresh food combined with a chef who knows how to experiment with unusual combinations, this is the place for you. The kale, beet salad, with hazelnuts and blue cheese-outstanding! We also ordered the Toots Magoots-delish and a pizza that was a special with, among other things, baba ganoush and fresh in-season corn, was incredibly yummy. Liked their wine list too- different than I usually purchase but the fantastic waitress we had- so sorry I didn't get your name- let us try three different wines before ordering our bottle. I loved that even though I didn't know their wines they had a really reliable list. Not sure if they accept reservations as we vistied during the week, but it was pretty crowded for a Tuesday night. I would definitely call to check if visiting on the weekend.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful pizza, salad, and beer selection. We also had a great server and enjoyed the atmosphere! Plenty of choices for vegetarian as well.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Ben was one of the most knowledgeable waiters I have ever encountered. His enthusiasm and energy he brings is exactly in tune with the atmosphere of this restaurant. The food is great! I recommend the Beautiful Day Pizza. If you get Ben as a waiter, you are guaranteed great service. Afterwards, go to the bar in the other room. Craft beers all around and none of those awful beers you would get anywhere else.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was expecting something outstanding, but to be honest, it was just a rather average pizza - though it was wood oven baked which gave it a boost.