“Nice!”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Nice!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everyone left well rested and happy. Quiet area, which for a family is perfect. The room was clean and comfortable, a nice change from the place we had stayed the night before. Nice staff witah everyone saying Hi as we passed. Small things like that make traveling to far away places seem more like home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Jacquie, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We agree with you a 100%, it is the small things that make the biggest impressions. We hope you are enjoying your summer while you travel. We hope to see you again when you are traveling near our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kansas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped at this Holiday Inn Express while traveling through Danbury. It was right off the highway. Easy access. Nice and clean. We arrived at 4. Check in was at 2. We asked for a top floor. Housekeeping was not done cleaning rooms on that floor yet...kinda struck us as being odd...as check in was at 2. After 10 minutes of the front counter trying to get a hold of housekeeping they finally decided they had a room. When we got into the room there where no further issues. Breakfast was great. Checkout easy. We paid 119 a night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have had a busy summer and I am happy that we were able to get you in quickly. Staff has been working hard for all our guest and I glad you were able to see that. Thank you again and enjoy the summer.
NY
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good deal. Clean room, no problem with a late checkout, friendly staff. Breakfast was not delicious-- fake eggs and rubbery pancakes-- but at least there was a good variety, so you had to find something you could eat. Coffee always available, apples or cookies out in lobby. Housekeeping skipped us one day for no known reason, but we eventually got them to come back. Only improvement I'd like to see in the room is an exhaust fan in the bathroom. It gets very steamy with no fan! Had to leave the door cracked open, which was weird considering I was staying with my sister and brother-in-law. But a nice showerhead and good water pressure and temperature.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your compliments on our hotel. We have a really dedicated staff here and they enjoy taking care of all our guest. Your Kind words will be shared with them. Enjoy your summer and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you to our area.
Lancaster,PA
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Saw some mixed reviews and normally would have been a little apprehensive. However, I have never had a bad experience at a Holiday Inn Express, and I know what whiners some folks can be.
OK....the hotel was super easy to find right off I84. The young lady behind the desk couldn't have been any nicer. Not only was I checked in in less than two minutes, I was also given a quick rundown on places to eat.
My room was clean, but somebody must have wanted to hang meat in there as it was freezing. At least I didn't have to worry about the A/C working. Within a couple minutes the room was back to a more moderate temperature.
Other reviews are correct, there is a decent Asian restaurant just at the end of the hotel parking lot. Not great Asian food, but not bad either. Dinner for two with one drink each ran about $35.00.
Two things I do want to note. First, I didn't notice that the hotel was pet friendly. There were two dogs being walked in the parking lot, one in the lobby and one on the elevator. Not once did I smell a dog, nor did I hear a dog barking. I guess people who travel with dogs take pretty good care of them. The other thing I wanted to mention was that while the hotel is non-smoking, it seems that not all the guests abide by the rules. Just inside my room door on the 4th floor I could distinctly smell cigarette smoke. The odor hung around for several minutes but I didn't want to turn into "smoke police" so I didn't go looking for the source of the phantom smoke.
All in all would I stay here again.......for sure. Clean, convenient, friendly staff, fair price....and I didn't mention a very nice complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wayne S
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Wayne, thank you for this extensive review. I am glad after reading the other reviews of our hotel you came and seen for yourself firsthand what our facility has to offer. When we read a review like this from a Senior Contributor, we know we are getting it right. Our guest traveling with their four legged friends are very good about taking care of our product while they are with us, as well as our housekeeping team who work very diligently to make sure our hotel is up to par with every guest expectation. It is unfortunate that some people can’t adhere to the no smoking policy, but I am glad it did not ruin your stay or reflect badly on our hotel. We get many compliments on our breakfast and you can see why, just everything you can ask for and something for everyone. We look forward to having you back when you are in our area.
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Checked in and was given a key to a room that had not been cleaned. Asked not to have my card charged as I was paying cash at checkout, awoke to find a bill with my card already charged. Asked for late check-out, was told yes and had housekeeping walk in on me. After paying cash for room I was told the charge would not be removed from my card for 24 hrs, it is almost a week later and the charge has still not been reversed. Called both the hotel and customer relations and was told there was "nothing they can do". I highly recommend staying at one of the many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rebecca E
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the challenges you encountered during and after your stay. This is so unfortunate that we fell so short of your expectations. It really is not the norm here and I apologize on the behalf of our entire team. While it does not appear credit card and cash paying guest policy was explained to you at check in, and this is on us. I know that we cannot be perfect, but in your experience we failed all around. All of our reviews are shared with the staff and we will use your review to better our operations here. If you would like to contact the hotel direct to further discuss this stay I would love the opportunity. Again I apologize to you and I hope in the future you might be willing to let us try and regain your loyalty.
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great shower! Easy access to highway, close to good restaurants. Clean, efficient and affordable. Comfortable and quiet! We will definitely stay there again when we travel through Danbury.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Donald L
Donald thank you for your review, it appears we accomplished our goal of delivering a great guest experience. Your review is exactly how we want every guest to feel about our hotel. The best compliment we can get is knowing you will be coming back. Until then , thank you and safe travels.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked in very late. Make sure you set the GPS for the right location. There are 2 Holiday Inn's in Danbury. The front staff was friendly. The room was larger than expected ( a nice surprise) we had 3 adults and 2 children. The room has 2 full beds and a sleeper sofa. The bathroom was stylish with granite counter top but kind of small. There was a coffee pot, mini fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast had a good selection with the pancake machine. It was very busy with 2 softball teams there. They made a mess so it was too much for 1 breakfast lady to keep up but she never let the food run out! The out door pool was very small. Over all pleasant, clean, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found everything accommodating for your family’s needs. The best compliment we can get is know you will return. Thank you again and have a safe enjoyable summer.