“Good hotel,”
Review of Courtyard Danbury

Courtyard Danbury
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Clean, new room, efficient check-in to modern re-done hotel w/ most amenities, just a little off rte 84. Shortage of parking could be an issue. A little expensive compared to other similar hotels but maybe because it was Saturday, and then nickel and dime for coffee and breakfast items. .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Itof
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Itof,

Thank you so much for your most recent review of our hotel! I am glad to hear that the hotel offered you a clean room, as well as an efficient check-in for your stay. Also, thank you for your concern regarding the parking. While we do work closely with the restaurants in the spaces in front of us regarding the parking, the majority of the spaces are in the rear of the building. Also, Courtyard does try to distinguish itself by offering choices in our Bistro restaurant including Starbucks®, but we want those choices to be a good value for our guests, so I’ll pass along your feedback regarding the coffee and breakfast selection to Marriott. Overall, I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Located a short drive off of I-84 and far enough where highway noise is not a factor. It's clean, quiet and comfortable, up to par with other Courtyards. They have the new bistro for food and there are a couple other restaurants in walking distance of the hotel including Barbaries Angus Steakhouse in the same parking lot. Several other restaurants are within a short drive.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Ann R,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to the highway, as well as our quiet, clean, and comfortable accommodations. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the many dining options available to you at our hotel. Should you ever return to Danbury, we would love to have you as our guests!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We travel for my daughter's dance competitions. We had a flat tire the day of competition and Ms. Rallings at the front desk was so helpful. She arranged for a compatriot from the across the street at the Hampton Inn, Mr. Brown, who cheerfully got us to the competition on time. This Marriott exemplifies why I choose Marriott when I travel. The Bistro food is good, with quick service, the rooms always clean and neat, and the staff always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear FeisMom1,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. Additionally, thank you for the kind words regarding Ms. Rawlings at our front desk. She certainly is a fantastic addition to our team here at the Courtyard and I will pass along your kind sentiments. Additionally, Mr. Brown is a very amicable neighbor and is also someone whom I have the pleasure of working with in this community. I am glad to hear that the Bistro restaurant, our clean rooms, and the service which you experienced, are all reasons why you enjoyed your most recent stay at our hotel. Should you ever return to Danbury, for future competitions or pleasure, we look forward to another opportunity to serve you and your family!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Courtyards are pretty standard across the country and this one in Danbury is exceptional because of its good location and set up. The hotel is clean, welcoming, and comfortable. There are great restaurants in the parking lot - the steakhouse is a great place. The staff here are knowledgeable about the area and helpful as well. Excellent place to stay in Danbury.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Broctoon,

Thank you so much for your most recent review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you felt as though our hotel was exceptional, and that the services, amenities, and knowledgeable staff helped you relax while working in Danbury. We look forward for the next opportunity to serve you, if you return to Danbury for business, or pleasure!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have stayed here before as we are passing through and very good. Staff was nice and everything very clean. There are restaurants in the area and we went to Applebee's which is close by. They have all the amenities most Marriotts have but I like when there is brewed coffee in the lobby for us early risers, yes we have pot in room but not the same. We will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Susan F,

Thank you for your most recent review of our Courtyard Danbury. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed our staff service and amenities, and that you felt everything was very clean. I am sorry to hear that you miss the complimentary coffee available in the lobby, but I will pass along your remarks to Marriott. If you return to Danbury in the near future, please know that the Starbucks® coffee is available all day and I would be happy to craft the drink of your choice! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Spent a night here for business. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. My breakfast was very good. Great choice for business travelers. I would stay here again and would recommend to anyone who was looking at a reliable hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear skione,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind sentiments regarding your experience at our hotel! I am very glad to hear that you thought our hotel was very clean and appointed with friendly staff and a very good breakfast. I am pleased that we enabled you to enjoy your time in Danbury while on business, and greatly appreciate your recommendation as well. We hope to see you again soon if your travels return you to Danbury.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business. I was really impressed by most of the hotel staff that I came in contact with. When I checked in I was starving but too tired to drive, the hotel has restaurants within walking distance, as well as, a great sushi restaurant right in the same parking lot. Jessica recommended the restaurant to me because I told her that I didn't feel like driving. I was really satisfied as the food was fresh and delicious. The room that I stayed in was spacious and clean. Blaine who works in the Bistro delivered amazing customer service both nights that I stayed. I was too tired to go out to eat and so I just grabbed a bite at the Bistro. Blaine was professional, knowledgeable about the menu items and went above and beyond in the customer service category. I loved the team work that I witnessed at the hotel it made me want to work there. The Bistro got really busy and Jamie from the front desk saw this and ran right over to assist in taking orders and ringing up a guest who was waiting. I thought that that was awesome! I was impressed. In the morning I needed to get my packages into my car, that I had mailed to the hotel. Gloria at the front desk didn't hesitate to offer help. She said that I could just pull my car around and she would put the packages on a trolley and bring it out to the car. The customer service was great! As was the food at the Bistro. I didn't miss going to a restaurant and they had a lot to choose from.

My only issue would be with the noisy housekeeping staff. They were all talking extremely loud early in the morning right outside of the rooms. I went out in the hall to get some extra towels as I wouldn't need my room to be serviced and I found a group of housekeepers just hanging out, one texting or something on her cell phone and the rest of them just standing around their carts talking extremely loud. They were not discussing work or training or anything. They were definitely not cleaning.They were discussing personal issues and very loud in Spanish. It took me an hour to get ready from the time I asked for extra towels for the next night and when I left my room they were in the same spot still talking loud. I think that this is unacceptable. The rooms were clean but I have never seen that many housekeeping staff on one floor.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor corner and away from the elevator. The walls are thin and you can hear...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear LJG77,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. All of us here at the Courtyard certainly appreciate the kind words which you shared regarding your visit, and your mention of our level of customer service. I am very happy to hear that Jessica, Blaine, Gloria, and Jamie were able to leave a memorable impression during your stay, and I will certainly congratulate them on their extraordinary efforts to see that you were well taken care of during your visit to our hotel. However; allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the morning. I will certainly express your concerns with the Executive Housekeeper and we will address the situation. Should you ever return to Danbury, either for business or pleasure, we would love to have you back for another great stay!