“Clean & Functional & Large room w/ Fridge. Microwave, Couch, HD TV, nice bed, lousy Bkfst”

SpringHill Suites Danbury
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Not bad, pretty clean rooms with cooshy beds. Falt screen HD TV w/ plenty channels. Watch out for the over-large faucet handle - you can poke your eye out with it. Is too long and sticks up into your face. Poor design and a hazard. Breakfast is lousy - same old instant eggs and yucky sausage patties. Change it up a little. Check-in could have been smoother. Asked for top floor (and this is on my awards profile as a default preference) and the girl acted like she had to do a miracle to make this happen, although parking lot was practically empty. Not a bad choice for the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear JimB_Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our guest service. I am sorry we did not make a great impression with you during check in or breakfast. Our front desk strives to honor our Marriott reward member requests beforehand and I will be sure to mention your experience with our staff. In regards to breakfast, the SpringHill Suites introduced a brand new breakfast this summer featuring healthy, natural selections to provide more options to our guests.

I hope you will stay with us again and give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed one night recently to see a concert at Ridgefield Playhouse...about a 15-20 minute drive. Check in was friendly and quick. Went to my king suite. It was super clean, and had the newer SHS décor(very colorful). I had a micro/refrig, and sofa and sitting area. The bed was awesome...soft with pristine white sheets. The A/C worked very well, almost too well, blowing slightly on the bed. The shower was hot with good water pressure. A large flat screen TV got a decent amount of channels. I had a quiet nights sleep despite a full hotel. Breakfast in the morning was crowded, hectic, but very good.
Now the only(slight) negative. Walking past the pool area, I saw a sign saying "pool/whirlpool. After 8 hours on the road, a soak in the whirlpool sounded great. Except they no longer have the whirlpool. It was removed and tiled over. I asked at the front desk...all they said was they haven't changed the sign yet. This was disappointing, though not a deal breaker. Being loyal to the Marriott chain, I would stay here again....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Jmat, Thank you for your review and taking the time to share how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We truly appreciate your kind words and I was happy to hear we provided you with a comfortable night's sleep.

Last spring we enlarged our pool deck area eliminating the whirlpool and I apologize for not having the updated signage posted. Our heated indoor pool is always a warm 80 degrees and available from 7 AM until 10PM for your enjoyment.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will stay with us again soon!

Galesburg, Michigan
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nice room, nice bedding and kept nice and clean. The breakfast is simple but good. I didn't use the pool but noticed it was quite small but clean. The only problem we had was the people or person that was above us. I expect kids little feet running across the floor but I couldn't believe that during the night someone could be so inconsiderate!!! Of course this is not the hotels fault but if you are a lite sleeper you might want a room on the top floor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Susan E, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback about the cleanliness of our hotel, we appreciate your comments. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in keeping our SpringHill Suites clean and fresh so you will always enjoy a comfortable stay.

I apologize for the noise you encountered, please know there is always a staff member available 24 hours to assist with any concerns.

Thank you for staying with us!

NYC Area
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Certain chains are consistent in their quality and the customer's expectations. I've found this to be true of the Marriott mid-range chains, and this was no exception. The property is on a quiet road, but near I-84, so it is a convenient stopping place for travelers. We were in the area for a Bridge tournament, and a hotel walking distance from the SpringHill, so it was perfect for us (we came in 2nd, so it was a good experience overall). Everything was well managed, the free breakfast was adequate if not an extensive selection, the free newspaper was the WSJ, a giant leap up from USA Today. The staff were all courteous and helpful. The beds relatively new and comfortable. The room was roomy, with a separate sitting area and good sized workspace. Free Internet. Just about everything you need for a one night stopover.

The downside was the heat pump that provided heating and cooling; it was so noisy we had to turn it off to sleep.

The other item of interest was the fact that there was no place outside to plug in the cord to top off the battery in our plug-in hybrid. Not a big deal, but we've started seeing this accommodation (weatherproof outside 110v outlets) in other venues we have stayed at recently; we hope Marriott and other chains catch up with the ICH chain where we have taken advantage of this feature.

Room Tip: No bad rooms that we could see. The whole area is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear pd clarry, Marriott takes great pride in making their guests feel at home during their stays and I was so pleased to read your comments about our consistency and how we met your expectations! Our wonderful staff, convenient I-84 location, spacious suite rooms and complimentary breakfast provide for a comfortable stay. I am sorry about your experience with our a/c and heating unit, we are currently performing our fall maintenance on all the units to insure they are in proper working order.

There are a number of Marriott hotels that currently provide plug-in stations for hybrid cars. In keeping with Marriott's 'Spirit to Preserve' green initiatives we look forward to adding a charging station to our property in the near future.

We hope to see you again soon!

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Could not have asked for a better experience with a hotel. Spacious rooms, fridge, microwave, huge bathroom. Excellent temp control in the room. Has a pool and exercise room. Free wifi. And what might be the best continental breakfast I have ever seen at any hotel worldwide. They change it up every morning but a few things you can look forward to are: oatmeal bar - with choices of toppings, breads/bagels/muffins, fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal, juices, hot breakfast options! Scrambled eggs, mix, sausages. Just an unreal spread. The staff were more than helpful with every question I had. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether staying a night or long term!

Room Tip: All around excellent experience.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Lauren R, I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Our all suite rooms are spacious and larger than standard rooms and are well appointed with a convenient pantry area. This summer we rolled out our new SpringHill Suites breakfast program that includes a greater variety of choices like strawberries and fresh fruit to name a few, on our buffet each day. We appreciate your comments about our staff and I will be sure to share your review with them.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel is very well maintained, staff pleasant and helpful, and the location excellent. I had business in northern Westchester County, NY and this location was convenient due to its proximity to I-84. Even though it is right off the interstate, you get the feeling of being removed from it. It was quiet and had no views of the freeway. Space inside the room was conducive to getting work done as the desk area is seperated from the sleeping area. There was a Starbucks just up the road for your morning fix and a Trader Joe's for take out healthy food selections.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and had a very quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
X
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I like the Springhills. This was no different. I arrived in the evening without a reservation the front staff were very accommodating and cordial. The room and all of the amenities are as advertised and promoted. This location is in a good location; easy to get on and off the highway. The only problem that I had, and I wish they would address is availability of snacks. I came in late and hungry. There is a kiosk of grocery items to purchase and nuke in the room. I chose to leave and go about a mile to find something. The pickings are slim, so I returned to the hotel and purchased a snack. Not even water is in the room. The snack was very expensive, and in the end pretty much junk food, though advertised to be a good healthy snack. I threw it out and went to bed just drinking the water I purchased (which was probably best anyway). I have been to hotels that will at least have apples out to grab as you come in, or a cookie, or popcorn, and some even have a light buffet of something like pasta, fresh bread and salad. I would not expect this service and every location, but for this location, it would make sense! So, I do like this chain and this location and recommend a stay here. You will not be sorry. Just eat before you check in for the night, and bring your own water. Folk are really nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business