“Relax and unwind” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Relax and unwind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our final overnite stay on our trip from Pompano Beach, Fl. to North Quincy, Ma. This is a truely nice place to stop for the night. Its convenient location is a little a little difficult to find. Exit north bound I-84, left at bottom of ramp, right at lights and right again. Go up the hill and hotel is on left. Front desk staff is friendly, helpful and accomodating. Room is well laid out and very clean and roomy. In asking for a place to get a bite we were told to go to Rosy Tomorrow's which is less than five minutes drive away. That place is like going back in time wit a piano player and good food and great atmosphere.

Room Tip: We booked the roomover the phone to get the better AAA rate.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear tffob3, Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel and sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your kind words about our front desk staff and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and dinner at local favorite Rosy Tomorrow's!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Danbury!

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I were in town just for one night to due a wedding and the hotel was referred to us by a friend.
It was clean, nice and met our expectations.
The room is nice and it has a small microwave and sink with mini bar. It also has a desk and a 3 seat couch.
Free WIFI was awesome and also Free Parking.
There is also a laundry room and an indoor pool in case you need it.
Continental breakfast is also free and it was decent.
I'm a Marriott Reward Member and I had a very personalized service. I was very pleased with my hotel choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindyny2
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear cindyny2, Thank you for writing this wonderful review of our hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our SpringHill brand amenities. Our aim is to always provide all of our guests with an excellent hotel experience and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you enjoyed the wedding and we look forward to seeing you again!

MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Wish the rooms here were a bit bigger for families. It was very crammed for 4 people. Easy on and off the highway for travelers. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was sparse. Typical stay for a room like this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear VacationplannerMa, Thank you for writing a review of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and comments about our friendly staff. I'm sorry you thought our studio suite room to be crammed. Our stylish suites are actually 25% larger than standard hotel rooms with living and sleeping space that includes a pullout sofa bed, spacious desk, pantry area with mini-fridge, coffee maker and microwave. Our complimentary breakfast buffet is continuously replenished during the scheduled breakfast hours and I apologize if we did not meet the expectations. We hope you will revisit us on your next trip to Danbury, we look forward to welcoming you!

Waterville, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed for one night while making a long trip over a short time. Needless to say, we were exhausted when we arrived at the hotel. We were greeted warmly, and the check-in was very efficient. The room was very large, and the refrigerator and microwave came in handy, but the best part was a very comfortable king size bed! The room was also very quiet, with no highway noise, and it was made up to my Marriott profile specifications, something I am finding doesn't happen very often these days! Breakfast in the lobby was standard fare for Marriott properties, but it is nice to have a quick bite to eat before hitting the road. The AAA rate was very reasonable. I would definitely return to this hotel if I needed accommodations in the area again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear 04901 Mom, Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of our hotel! I was so happy to read that we exceeded your expectations with our warm welcome and large, quiet and comfortable rooms. We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us so that we may continue to deliver an excellent hotel experience.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Danbury area!

North Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed over for a hockey tournament 1/2 hour away. Staff was so great with the kids, allowing them to play knee hockey in the lobby all day and up until 11:30 at night. The kids were thrilled and we got to enjoy too!
It was clean and well kept too

Stayed March 2014
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Slapshot33, Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our staff and hotel. Our associates takes great pride in the care and service they provide to all of our guests, and I was so pleased to read the whole family enjoyed their weekend with us. We hope you had a good tournament!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Dirty desk and nightstand surfaces. These are either stains or housekeeping fails to wipe them down properly;
Long hair, dry stuck to the shower ceiling (See attached picture.); Dirty, mildew stained shower curtain liner (See attached picture.); Filthy shower bar that shower curtain is attached to (where you might want to hang a towel), never cleaned. After wiping it with a wet tissue, the tissue was stained black;
Hand prints, baby height, on front door; Hotel practically empty, yet I was put on a floor without ice machine (have to go up or down 1 level for ice); All guests are lumped onto 2nd floor, probably to make it convenient for house-keeping - even though I always ask for high-floor; Marriott Status means nothing at this hotel; Extremely long bathroom faucet handle is a poke your eye out - law suit, waiting to happen; (See attached picture.) Good luck dodging this while you use the sink.
Found 2 hair balls (1st thought these were dead roaches) behind the TV stand. I moved the stand to better angle the TV to the couch. Gross! (See attached picture.)
Breakfast is plain, sparse, and pathetic.

Laura N (Guest relations) responded to my previous trip-advisor hotel review as follows: "Our front desk strives to honor our Marriott reward member requests beforehand and I will be sure to mention your experience with our staff."
Well this was my 2nd visit and nothing changed! They still put me on 2nd floor versus my preferred top floor.
Laura N also responded to my prior review as follows: "In regards to breakfast, the SpringHill Suites introduced a brand new breakfast this summer featuring healthy, natural selections to provide more options to our guests."
Where are these new featured healthy selections? Denny's? Certainly NOT at Springhill Suites. Same boring pre-manufactured eggs and several day old bowls of fruit;
Better option is the nearby Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: you can ask for your desired room - but it's a waste of breath. They will lump you with all othe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JimB_Traveler
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear JimB_Traveler, I am extremely sorry that we did not meet your expectations with our service during your last 2 stays. I can assure you this is not indicative of the service we provide. Our aim is to always provide you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is important to us in continuing to improve and deliver exceptional service in the future.

We hope you will join us in the future and give us another opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

After a really crappy day for me, I was able to come back and relax!!!! My kids loved it. They were able to swim for hours. The exercise room was really nice. My husband loved the work out. After all that we were able come back to the room and relax. It was very comfy.. The bed was big enough to fit me, my 5 year old and my 8 year old. My husband and stepson fit on the sofa bed which was nice and big. When we woke up there was a really nice breakfast waiting for us down by the front lobby. I've never been to a hotel that had huge variety of food. My kids dont want to leave. Overall great place, great price, and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and very roomy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Shamieka M, Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding review of our hotel! I appreciate your kind comments in regards to your overall stay with us. We take pride in our spacious SpringHill Suites product along with our new complimentary full breakfast buffet.

Please join us again next time, we look forward to welcoming you back!