La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$160
US$213
US$171
US$136
Hampton.com
US$146
US$201
US$194
Holiday Inn Express & Suites(Danbury)(Great Value!)
US$122
Residence Inn
Courtyard Danbury(Danbury)
US$212
US$183
All reviewsoutback steakhousea pet friendly hotelwafflescottage cheeseroom was cleanhard boiled eggsoutdoor poolthe breakfast arealost powerroom keyfirst floorgreat place to staywould highly recommend this hotelright next doorking suitefront desk staffcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for three nights between Christmas and New Year's 2011. Everything about the place is excellent: spacious rooms, great breakfast, helpful front desk staff. It's a little hard to find off the highway, but worth the effort.

Room Tip: Next door is Fast Freddies, a large food convenience store where you can pick up good sandwiches and fresh fruit.
2  Thank Wordtech
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I've stayed here before, but this is my first review.

From the outside it's hard to know what to expect as it has a "style" that's a little out of place in this area. But, fear not, this really is a good place to stay in this area.

The lobby is spacious and the room was well equipped. Microwave, 'fridge, lots of space, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast, as noted, is very good and included in the price. - Fruit, oatmeal, yogourt, eggs, bread, fruit juice etc. There's also a self-serve waffle maker.

The only comments I'd make would be that its not easy to find the first time and if you miss it, you'll be taking a diversion to find your way back again. The other thing, and somewhat frustrating to be honest, is that the traffic at the attached Outback Steakhouse can make it quite difficult to find somewhere close to the lobby to park. Not a problem once you've registered but quite inconvenient if it happens to be pouring with rain and all you want is your room key.

The hotel is convenient to I-84 but never noisy. The staff are low key and pleasant. the fact that it doesn't have an actual restaurant is a plus to me as Danbury can be quite a foodie venue if you're prepared to do the leg work.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a great La Quinta property. The rooms very comfortable with nice furnishings. The front desk staff was friendly. And the typical La Quinta breakfast was laid out in the morning. The lobby area actually has an upscale feel about it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travel147
Reviewed 2 January 2012

When I think of La Quinta I don't really think of a hotel chain that has a property like this. The hotel lobby was nice decorated and led to a very spacious breakfast which seems like at most hotels is cramped. The rooms were spacious as well. While the bed wasn't the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, it was still nice. The room seemed to cater towards business travelers as it has a lot of counter/table space. The sitting chair in the room was very comfortable. Our large group really enjoyed that Outback Steakhouse was attached to the hotel, it made for a very convienent dinner rather than having to take several cars out onto the very busy and somewhat confusing roadways around the hotel. The hotel seemed spotlessly clean and pretty quiet. Overall, it was a very nice place and I'd come back if I was in the area.

1  Thank bcasacci
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We're dedicated Marriott travelers, but we've used up all our Reward points for the year. So for the long Christmas weekend with family here, we went out on a limb and gave La Quinta a try! And how pleasantly surprised we were. Most of the accoutrements to which we have become accustomed from Marriott could be found here as well. The only things that were missing were the fine finishing touches that Marriott so thoughtfully puts on everything.

But as for the basics, our room was spacious, well-organized and clean. The bed was very comfortable, firm, with plenty of pillows of varying degrees of plushness. The bath towels were large and thick. There was plenty of space for clothing and luggage, and the room temperature was always comfortable, even with the wide fluctuation in outside temperatures. One day we had to use the cooling, the next day the heating. But the individual in-the-wall unit provided both equally well. Would have to mention the fan velocity is not controllable, and the motor noise tends to be on the loud side--once or twice waking us up in the middle of the night.

Each room has a built-in mini-refrigerator and microwave oven.

The complimentary breakfast was actually better than most of the Marriott's secondary properties (Fairfield Inn, TownPlace Suites). They focus on healthy foods, a lot of variety and a lot of choices. They didn't waste their resources on the not-so-healthy predictables, such as sausage and bacon and eggs and biscuits and gravy. Instead they had a wide selection of yogurts, cereals, fresh fruits, breads, and the like. Greatly appreciated. And if one must really have those un-healthier items, I would recommend going our for a fine full-blown breakfast at Deep's Terrace (see review).

The parking lot is large and very well lit, so the feeling of security is good here.

They are in the process of constructing a new outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, which although it was not completely finished, looks very attractive, large and provides a great deal of privacy.

The property is very easy to access, right off two major highways, I-84 and US 6. But the building was well-built, so we never heard any road noise in our room. And sleeping was great.

The hallways and public rooms are spacious, well-lit, and accessible. There is a small business center, with a couple of computers, a printer/scanner, etc., all free.

The front desk personnel were hospitable, friendly and proactively helpful and attentive, offering assistance, even when you're not sure you need any.

If you were to press me hard for negatives, I don't have that many to offer. I could grouse about the in-room television. It was dish, and very basic, missing a lot of the bells and whistles to which we all have become accustomed. But the fundamentals were there, just not so convenient.

For another, although the WiFi was free, it was slow. Everything, including e-mails, web browsing, etc., were tedious. And every time I closed my browser, I lost my access to the system. So I had to do a whole lot of re-logging into the system (This is not typical of most hotel properties, where one logs in once daily, and refresh once every 24 hours, whether free or paid.).

All in all, I have to give it up for LaQuinta (at least this one, anyway), because I admire the choices they have made, balancing between keeping the property cost-effective and indulging in guest amenities. Sure I would have appreciated some oatmeal body wash and upscale hair conditioners. But on the other hand, I travel with my own anyway, so what! What it does mean, however, is that by skipping these indulgences, they are keeping their room costs lower and competitive. And I sure do like the feel of a few extra dollars in my pocket better than the feel of cold cream in my hands from a bar of luxury hand soap any day!

Thanks for a great stay, LaQ! You've given me the encouragement I need to--every once in a while--break my Marriott addiction and give some more of your properties a try.

Room Tip: High floor, a few doors away from the elevator, are helpful choices if you enjoy quiet in your room.
3  Thank garrynyc