“Nice Place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I have never really heard great things about La Quinta hotels. But the one in Danbury had been recently renovated and was nice. Danbury is my hometown, but I have not been back in a long time. I think this was a Ramada Inn back in the day. It was clean, the help very nice, the breakfast area is well kept and well stocked each day. I was there for a unfortunate reason, a family memeber was very ill and passed away. I was only planning to stay friday - Tuesday but ended up extending to check out friday morning. Nicole at the front desk was very nice and helpful about changing my reservation. I think that the stressful time and being on the phone there was some miscommunication that I was leaving Saturday. I was charged an extra day. I called them back when I saw it on my CC bill. It was early and the manager was not yet in, but Nicole called my back within an hour and told me I would see the credit on my CC soon. I would have thought I would get some run around. But no, easy peasy. I was very glad, I had no problems or issues which was good during such a stressful time.
A couple of things to know:

I think most GPS' get the directions wrong. I was lost at first, but when I realized where the hotel was located I could find it. There is a traffice loop involved that I think baffles the GPS. There traffic in the area is much worse than I remember and I forgot CT is the land of the left-handed highway exit. It can be a little tricky the entrrance to the hotel is in a awkward place. Once you see it the first time, you will get the hang of it.

It is connected to an Outback Steak House. I ate there once the food was good. But they share parking with the hotel on Friday and Saturday nights the parking is particularlly bad. I did not notice any signs, but I think they should designate hotel quests only parking spots.

Downstairs past the breakfast area, there is a small gym, a vending area with snacks and it also contains some emergency items like advil and tylenol. Sodas and water. There also is a laundry room. Which would have been handy, I was only supposed to stay 4 nights but stayed longer. I however am a horrible over packer, and didn;t have an issue. :).

Over all it was good. Much better than expected.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved one. While traveling under those circumstances can be quite a difficult and stressful time, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully converted you to a La Quinta fan.

We have been attempting to solve the GPS issue since we first opened our doors in July of 2010. Depending on what brand your GPS is, there is the possibility that it could send you to an alternate location on our street. We have updated our coordinates and now it is up to each GPS company to update their systems to the satellites. Certainly being on a one way street, adjacent to a traffic loop can add to the frustration and we have been working with city and state officials in the hopes of getting better signage.

I’m happy to hear that we were able to solve your billing issue in a timely matter. We are all humans and do make mistakes, but we do strive to fix them as soon as possible.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Have a great Holiday Season!

A La Quinta traveler
Strafford, New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed 22 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Danbury, CT
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The hotel is very clean but not fancy. It was a nice room for the price. Nicole at the front desk and Yolanda in the breakfast area were both very friendly and helpful. They did their best to make our stay perfect. It's nice having the Outback attached.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your overnight getaway! We do strive to be your home away from home when you’re traveling and I'm glad that we were able achieve that during your stay. Nicole and Yolanda genuinely care about our guests and I’m thankful they are part of our team. We look forward to seeing you again!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent on our trip to New York. We were touring our world headquarters and facilities in Patterson and Wallkill. The hotel was a good value for the money. SOme of our group noticed that the rooms were not as clean as expected, but nothing requiring a room change. There was one room that lost power and the guests were quickly moved to another room.

Over all, an A accomodations. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us! We cannot continue to grow without your honest review. I'm glad to hear that when a problem came about, our team was able to make a switch in a timely matter. We appreciate all of our Watchtower guests and are glad to hear you will be back the next time you tour the headquarters.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Had problem with connecting to their wireless internet, but the front desk representative by the name of Matt went above and beyond what I was expecting and let me use his cell phones mobile hot spot to access my computer. After the stay I purchased a new phone with the technologoy in case this occurs on any of my future business hotel stays. Great place!! The accomadations were excellent and having Outback restaurant on site even made the stay better. Definitely will return!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RichardT62
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We understand having a functioning wireless connection is an amenity that should be standard in this day and age. We are currently researching different options to improve the connection and increase the speed of our internet. Matt’s mobile hot spot technology is something we are considering as a temporary fix while we weigh our other options. While I’m sure the experience was initially quite frustrating, I’m pleased to hear Matt exceeded your expectations and turned your experience into a positive one. We do strive to create a memorable stay for all of our guests and I will share with our team this experience of going above and beyond.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Have a great Thanksgiving and a fantastic Holiday Season!

V. Miele

Reviewed 13 November 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The lobby is spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is good. The Outback Restaurant attached to the hotel is convenient, and we love Outback. The staff is helpful. Sometimes it is hard to find a place to park, because the restaurant and hotel share the parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TPOrenstein
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience during your stay. Outback Steakhouse is a perk to our location and many of our hotel guests enjoy it, much like yourselves. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town! Have a great Holiday season!

V Miele