I have never really heard great things about La Quinta hotels. But the one in Danbury had been recently renovated and was nice. Danbury is my hometown, but I have not been back in a long time. I think this was a Ramada Inn back in the day. It was clean, the help very nice, the breakfast area is well kept and well stocked each day. I was there for a unfortunate reason, a family memeber was very ill and passed away. I was only planning to stay friday - Tuesday but ended up extending to check out friday morning. Nicole at the front desk was very nice and helpful about changing my reservation. I think that the stressful time and being on the phone there was some miscommunication that I was leaving Saturday. I was charged an extra day. I called them back when I saw it on my CC bill. It was early and the manager was not yet in, but Nicole called my back within an hour and told me I would see the credit on my CC soon. I would have thought I would get some run around. But no, easy peasy. I was very glad, I had no problems or issues which was good during such a stressful time.
A couple of things to know:
I think most GPS' get the directions wrong. I was lost at first, but when I realized where the hotel was located I could find it. There is a traffice loop involved that I think baffles the GPS. There traffic in the area is much worse than I remember and I forgot CT is the land of the left-handed highway exit. It can be a little tricky the entrrance to the hotel is in a awkward place. Once you see it the first time, you will get the hang of it.
It is connected to an Outback Steak House. I ate there once the food was good. But they share parking with the hotel on Friday and Saturday nights the parking is particularlly bad. I did not notice any signs, but I think they should designate hotel quests only parking spots.
Downstairs past the breakfast area, there is a small gym, a vending area with snacks and it also contains some emergency items like advil and tylenol. Sodas and water. There also is a laundry room. Which would have been handy, I was only supposed to stay 4 nights but stayed longer. I however am a horrible over packer, and didn;t have an issue. :).
Over all it was good. Much better than expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award, a designation for earning the Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years. Directly off I-84, our La Quinta is ideally located. We are just minutes from Candlewood Lake, Western Connecticut State University and The Ridgefield Playhouse. The hotel is a great resting stop for those travelers continuing to northern destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod, Maine and Canada as well as those heading for the southern Atlantic states. A day trip to NYC is always fun! Located nearby are local vineyards on the Connecticut Wine Trail, antique shops on the famous Route 6 corridor, ski resorts and amusement parks such as Lake Compounce. Many corporations such as Pitney Bowes, Praxair, Entegris, Emerson, Sealed Air and Duracell are home to the Danbury/Bethel area. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury features 133 guest rooms. Travelers enjoy our free Bright Side Breakfast™ each morning and all rooms provide free High-Speed wi-fi, a mini-fridge and a microwave. Pets are always welcome! Energize in our complimentary fitness room and in the summer, relax and refresh in or outdoor salt water pool. The on-site Outback Steakhouse is available to enjoy a mouthwatering meal for lunch and dinner or to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge. These thoughtful amenities also make the La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury the perfect spot to accommodate family and friends as a group or individually for weddings, reunions, sporting and theater events. We look forward to having you stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Danbury
- Wellesley Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Danbury