“Great deal”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
USA
“Great deal”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this hotel via priceline bid. Definitely worth it!!
Great property, great location (but GPS lead me to somewhere 1 mile away).

However, one problem need to address:
Very difficult to see the entrance of your hotel, easy to mislead to the entrance of nearby gas station especially at night. More importantly, because it is one-way road, I cannot turn my car back to your hotel. I strongly recommend open a entrance from the gas station side.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We thank you for sharing your review and are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. While our location on a one way street can be difficult, we can certainly make improvements to our lighting and signage and I appreciate you making the recommendation. We do look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Greater Danbury area.

V.Miele

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
michigan
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped here one frigid night with our little dog. Room was toasty warm and welcoming. We were surprised at the large size of the room. Everything was spotless and appeared like new. We had a wonderful restful sleep with peace and quiet. On top of all the positives, an Outback Steakhouse is attached to building allowing for a yummy convenient dinner! We will definitely stay here again with pleasure!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
We certainly have been having our share of cold weather and we’re glad to see you chose to defrost with us. Having Outback Steakhouse attached is not only a delicious option, but convenient to not have to brave the elements. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests and I thank you for recognizing our team efforts. We look forward to seeing you again!

Gardner
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

OK hotel. Huge hotel. Large rooms. You can easily tell it was an outdated hotel that a significant upgrade was made to enhance it. Pet friendly although you have to take the dogs to the front area of the hotel and down the hill to find anywhere for them to do their business.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Phoebus001
We thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We do have a huge hotel and are pleased you found the hotel clean, comfortable and spacious. We do have a few grassy areas around the hotel that we recommend pets use to get their exercise. I will be sure to remind our team to share this detail to our guests with pets. I appreciate the learning we took away from your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

New York
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We only stayed for one night, but for what we paid, it was a great stay. First off, don't follow your GPS, follow the directions on their site. Check in was quick, the hotel was quiet. The was no pet fee for our for legged friend. The room was a king with sofabed, spacious, flat screen TV. It looks like they just had an overhaul or it's a brand new property. We didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on that, but if we are ever in the area again, I will not hesitate to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
One of the best compliments we can receive is that a guest will be back! We’re pleased your family, including your four legged friend enjoyed your trip in with us. We did first open our doors in July of 2010, but do work hard to maintain our property. I thank you for recognizing our efforts. We look forward to seeing you folks again the next time your travels bring you to the Greater Danbury area.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I highly recommend this hotel! This is an in-between stop between where we live and where our family is so we stay on the way home for every holiday trip we make. We keep going back because we have only had good experiences. The staff is extremely courteous, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Cleanliness is THE most important thing to me when I choose a hotel. Also, my husband has severe pet allergies and they make special accommodations, they have floors/rooms that pets have not been in or near. The breakfast has plenty to choose from- even a picky breakfast eater like myself enjoys the waffles. Our last trip we had a friend traveling with us- the pull out sofa was already made, and extra pillows were in the room. We appreciate that the sofa bed was already made, especially since not all hotels do this- we got in very late and just wanted to crash.

The rooms are very affordable, and they offer both military and AAA discounts. They also offer a rewards program, to accrue points with each stay. I also wanted to point out that when I booked the room for our Nov stay, it booked for a higher price- when we arrived the person working the desk realized the rooms had gone down a little and applied the cheaper price for us.

I filled out their survey after our stay, and expressed how we enjoy their hotel and appreciate the kindness/courteous of the staff. The general manager, Vickie Miele, took the time to email me and thank me for taking the time to do their survey and for complimenting their team. This also impressed me, I don't think I've ever been personally thanked by a hotel Manager for doing a survey- and it was nice to see her so supportive of her staff!

I don't typically take the time to write reviews like this- but it's obvious that LQ in Danbury is putting time and effort into their hotel to make it a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay and I think they deserve the recommendation!

Also, I did notice some reviews below mentioning that their parking lot is small- this is true, but we typically don't arrive until between midnight and 1 am and we have never had trouble finding a spot. Because we arrive so late, we also appreciate how close to the highway this hotel is!!

I look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Wow! What a review! We thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel here on Trip Advisor. Though we are a pet friendly hotel, we understand that some guests may be impartial to pets, or like your husband, have a severe allergy. We do try to be empathetic to all parties and I thank you for recognizing that. Once again, we appreciate you acknowledging our team and all of their efforts. We’ve got a great crew who genuinely care about each guest that walks through our door and they do deserve a pat on the back. We will see you again soon!