“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Newton, Massachusetts
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here when we were travelling to New Haven. It is a great location, right off I-84, We arrived at midnight, and the staff was quite welcoming. The room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The breakfast was standard La Quinta, which is fine. The room rate was quite reasonable for the area. Great value.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We are so happy to hear that your late arrival was a welcoming one! There's nothing worse after a day of travel to be met with anything other than a smile. Our team was so pleased seeing your comments. We look forward to having you visit us again the next time you are passing through. Thank you for your kind words and safe travels always.

VMiele

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this LaQuinta several times and it's always a pleasant experience. It is located midway between my two homes, is always clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and they make space for those of us who travel with our dogs. It's good for an overnight stay, right off the interstate.

• Stayed August 2014
We are happy that our location works well for you and you keep coming back! When we have guests who consistently return, we know we are on the right track and we work hard to continue building our loyal guest following. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor followers who may otherwise have passed us by. Enjoy the remaining summer and know we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Safe travels.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My coworkers and I stayed at the La Quinta last week while on business in Danbury. Having never stayed in a La Quinta, I was a bit hesitant when making our travel arrangements, but after reading the reviews online, I bit the bullet. Let me tell you, I (we) will only stay at this hotel when we’re back in town and will look for other La Quinta’s when traveling. We walked through the doors and were greeted by people with personality, who engaged us in conversation and gave us wonderful suggestions on places to see and go when we had down time. The room was clean, well appointed, and spacious and had ample desk space for me to organize all of my work, plus the internet was fast. Breakfast was beyond my expectations, as I was anticipating their continental to just be bread and bagels. I made a parfait on most days with yogurt, peaches and granola, though they had many other healthy alternatives. The hotel, while not a luxury resort, was incredibly clean and I saw all staff working to maintain the hotel, the managers included. I travel often and can say this is the first time in many, many years that I have been this impressed. The price, the accommodations, the team was all wonderful! Vickie, Stacey, Dylan, Monique, Nina, Jonathan, Nancy, Michelle- Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel and staff! We are all pleased to have the opportunity to help create great guest experiences and to hear that we've succeeded is the best reward. We hope to see you again soon and until then enjoy the remainder of the summer and safe travels always.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way through town. It was midnight when we checked in. We were met with a very nice gentleman behind the desk, who assisted with our room. Upon entering our room, we found it had an odor and went back to the front desk. He apologized for the inconvenience, and immediately put us in another room. Our stay was pleasant, and if needed we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I thank you for taking the time to share your comments and am pleased to hear you would return. While you had a pleasant stay after a long day on the road, I regret you had to switch rooms initially. I have brought your review to my housekeeping team as this is something we should have caught. I thank you for the coaching I was able to provide and look forward to seeing you folks again.

Annandale, VA
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed in King suite. Room had a desk, sofa and coffee table--place to watch TV without being in bed. Staff very friendly. Our second visit to this property. We stayed at a LQ in Florida and must advise that not all LQs are as nice s this one. Breakfast is ok, nothing special. Very good value and right at interstate exit. They permitted to keep bike in room.

Room Tip: King suite is very roomy.
1 Thank Ibyke
We appreciate you sharing your review on your recent stay. We’re fortunate to have a great team who genuinely care about each guest who walks through our door and I thank you for commenting on our team. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to town.

Vonore, Tennessee
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,002 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Conveniently located right off the interstate next to an Outback. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Fast free wifi. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room. No hassle check in. Breakfast room was overflowing from a tour group but they managed to open a room next door and keep items stocked. Basic breakfast. I think only warm item was waffle maker. Had cereal, yogurt, bagels, coffee. Adequate.

1 Thank Torte_Sue
We’re so glad to see you enjoyed your trip to our hotel for your Danbury stay over. Our team works hard to provide a clean and comfortable experience and I appreciate you recognizing our efforts. Though I’m sure you were initially in shock when you saw the number of people with the bus tour in the breakfast area, we do work our hardest to continually restock and provide additional seating throughout our breakfast hours. We do look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I have never been made to feel as welcome from any other hotel staff as I did at La Quinta. Thank you for helping make my birthday so special. These people care about their guests! Clean rooms, great pool, a breakfast that has something for everyone. Dylan and Nina gave great suggestions as to where to bring my young kids. It was a great stay and I will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Danielle J
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Dylan and Nina make a great team at our front desk and I'm so happy to share this review with them. The LQ team is a dedicated group who want nothing more than to help make it a great stay for everyone who visits us. We are pleased that you experienced who we are and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Safe travels always,