“Food court - a great stop at the Danbury Mall on the way home from NY City.”
Review of Desert Moon Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Desert Moon Cafe
Ranked #100 of 289 Restaurants in Danbury
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was the group bus leader after spending the day in New York City back to Massachusetts.
Our two buses stopped at the Danbury Mall for a quick bite.
Many options were available, but I opted for Desert Moon and their taco salad with chicken. The right choice!
For fast food, this was very good. I will try this option again if I am in the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Nice meal options, & reasonable prices. Everything made fresh. Really fresh guacamaloe. Staff helpful.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Fresh and yummy with good beans and guac. Much less salty than Chipotle. Wish they had a bit more variety on their menu but love the small rice and beans as a light lunch.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

It was surprisingly good this Mexican fast food restaurant. I cannot say it was very good, but there is no option for just good at TripAdvisor. I had a quesadilla which was fresh and well prepared and my daughters had tortillas that they also liked. The side dish with rice and beans had some sort of seasoning that they did´t like, but in general we were satisfied with our meals.

The high point however was the complementary nachos with tomato/onions sauce and another sauce which includes tomatoes and beans. They were also fresh and the nachos were crispy and really like the good ones we had when visiting Mexico.

So it was worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Good but not great Mexican food. I got a bowl with rice, beans and grilled veggies. It was okay but nothing special. They weren't generous with the salsa. I wish they offered brown rice as a healthier alternative to the yellow rice. It's possible to create a relatively healthy meal here in the midst of a mall food court, but the food is average at best.

Been to Desert Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!