“Good Take-Out”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We are traveling with our dogs, so resort to take-out or delivery for dinners. Often this means pizza, and we are getting tired of it! Tonight we are staying at the La Quinta Inn in Danbury, Ct and there is an Outback Steakhouse connected to the hotel. My wife had a hamburger that she said as good. I had the small ($10) steak that came with a side (sweet potato fries) and a Caesar salad. The salad was flavorful (enough garlic) and the steak done exactly as I ordered it. It was also a good size -- the 6 oz size is generous and about 1 inch thick. They were very stingy with the fries, though -- unlike most restaurants in the US which provide too many!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Generally a tasty menu, well served and decent steak at a decent price BUT that's all assuming that you don't die of old age waiting outside for seating. We haven’t figured out a way to dine at an Outback with out having a way too-long wait to get a table. That spoils the whole experience, especially if you are dining with young children or older family members.

Bring snacks to wait for a table.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife & I visited this past Sunday 12/30/12 around 8 PM. We called a few minutes in advance for reservations and waited only 15 minutes before being seated.
The greeters and our waiter received us warmly, which made our visit enjoyable.
We were served warm bread with a side of butter until our orders arrived. The coffee I ordered was extremely strong, as always, which I could not drink. I requested a new cup with less coffee and more milk, which improved it somewhat...this is an ongoing matter which should be addressed by management.
The small house salad with a side of dressing was fresh and delectable.
My wife ordered rack of lamb, which was raw on the inside and was cooked more at our request; a new order of sweet potato fries was provided as a compensation.
My order consisted of a 9 oz. steak covered with a small portion of crab meat. The steak was palatable, but the crab meat not appetizing.
Our dessert consisted of portions of cheesecake, carrot cake, and a brownie topped with ice cream...as always delicious!

Reviewed 1 December 2012

This is always a consistent quality place, what you would expect from a uniform chain restaurant.
The beef is a good quality, the steaks cooked right, the appetizers and desserts are a bit uniform, nothing exceptional or highly creative. Just good consistent food reasonably priced.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Food is terrible...everytime I go here the service is ok...dishes have a grimey film on them and the food is overcooked from the steak to the shirmp...

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!