“Great value!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Aiken, South Carolina
“Great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on a recent visit to see family. This hotel has been recently renovated. We got a great deal on Priceline. I was a little concerned about noise as this is right on a busy road but there wasn't a problem.

We arrived early and asked if we could get an early check in. Answer was an enthusiastic yes. The room was large and very clean. Again everything was recently refurbished. The bathroom was a little small but we made it work.

The only complaint is there was no bar/restaurant open on the weekend. I am wondering if this is on purpose to rid them of the reputation they had when Teddy's was there. We were able to walk across the street to Black Angus Grille to have a couple of drinks in the evening.

The bed was comfortable and all the standard amenities. I do wish they would provide king size pillows for king size beds. The room had a fridge and microwave along with a coffee maker. Didn't have a need but a nice touch.

This was an excellent value and I would not hesitate to rebook. Convenient to 84 and immediate area has many dining options.

Stayed January 2014
Ivett H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank You for your positive review , The next time your in town please stop at the Desk and ask for me I would like to share with you our plans for our Food and Beverage Operation. Again thank's and I look forward to seeing you next time in town.

William Gemme CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Danbury is one of the cities I visit more frequently when I come to the US and the Holiday Inn is our hotel of choice because of its location, good service and reasonable price. This time we came driving from Washington, DC and stayed one night on our way to UConn in Storrs. We were surprised to find a renovated hotel: Teddy's bar and dancing were gone and replaced by a lounge and restaurant, the executive room we stayed in was completely remodeled and very comfortable with ample space for suitcases and visitors. We didn't stay too long as we had to continue our trip early morning next day in the middle of a blizzard, but it was a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for sharing your positive remarks in regards to the Holiday Inn Danbury. Now that we are completely renovated , your comments make the time , effort and vission of the renovation real.
If you travel though Danbury and have the opportunity to stay again , please ask for me at the desk , I would like to share our future vission with you.

Once again Thank's
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was at a conference at this hotel and cannot say enough about the service provided by the staff and management (Bill -- great general manager). This was by far the most welcoming and accommodating staff I have been around. When you are at this hotel expect service above and beyond what occurs in most other comparable hotels. Great food too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You it was also great meeting you and I'm happy to been available to assist you with lunch while your son attended a business meeting at the hotel.