“Good Hotel, Ashely is awesome”

Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Clifton Park, New York
“Good Hotel, Ashely is awesome”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Holiday Inn Danbury Ct is very nice, clean, affordable, has breakfast and is accessible. Close to decent restaurants.

If Ashley answers the phone checking in is very easy. She is very courteous and helpful.

There are other nice hotels in area but none as cost effective.

Room Tip: Rooms away from stairways are quieter. doors can slam shut.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments on both the Hotel and our Associate Ashely, She is wonderful with our guest's and it shows

William Gemme CHA General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Really a very nice place! Shopping nearby , lots of places to eat, also an in house bar. When I checked in Ricky at the front desk was very helpful. Can't go wrong staying here!...........................................................

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments on the facility and our team member Ricky, It is always great to hear that a member of our staff has satisfied your needs. You mentioned our in house lounge I am hoping you had a opportunity to enjoy it. I hope your travels return you to Danbury and the Holiday Inn Danbury is your Hotel of Choice.

Best Regards
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel at an affordable price. I usually book it through Hotwire and get about $49 a night. The new rooms are large, clean and the bed is really comfortable. Staff is friendly. Free printing at the computer in the lobby. And very convenient to I-84.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank You for your kind comments , Our staff works hard to meet and exceed your expectations
Again Thank You for Staying with us at the Holiday Inn Danbury.

Our Outdoor Pool Opens in 5 weeks come enjoy a summer evening with us.

Atl Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way through to SC and were pleased with our experience. The room had 2 comfortable queens which accommodated us and our 3 young children very well (although, as an aside and with a bit of a chip on my shoulder, this and most other hotels seem to dislike families of 5 in that they seem to say "family of 4? we have a room available for you... family of 5? no room for you." I don't need my 5 year old staying in a second room all by himself! It all seems discriminatory and frustrating when trying to be honest but frugal.)

It was clean although I felt at times I could smell that faint aroma of "this used to be a smoking room" - my wife says that was my oversensitive sense of smell and that I was actually smelling the guy outside smoking since we were close to an exit. This is a smoke free hotel.

Since we arrived late and left early, we didn't get to use any amenities. It is close to the I-84 and has gas stations and restaurants close by.

We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank You for your kind comments , I'm sorry about the accomodation not being quite large enough for your family. I also appreciate your comments on smoking , we strive to keep the Danbury Holiday Inn a clean smoke free hotel. If your plans bring you back over the summer please stay with us again so that your young children can enjoy our spacious outdoor pool

Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Very impressed by cleanliness of this hotel and room... Room a little bit small (I do workout in the morning and there was almost no space between the 2 Queen beds)

Huge LG Flat Screen TV... Wow!!!

Ok Internet... Best I had in weeks!!! Thanks!!!

Restaurant on property was close for renovation but seems pretty nice...

Many restaurant options in the area... Warm and kind customer service... Clean parking lot... Conveniently located near 1-84

Will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Ivett H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your very positive review. We have taken great pride in renovating the Holiday Inn Danbury and our pleased that you were satisfied. Please stop at the desk next time here I would love to discuss our future plans with you.

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on a recent visit to see family. This hotel has been recently renovated. We got a great deal on Priceline. I was a little concerned about noise as this is right on a busy road but there wasn't a problem.

We arrived early and asked if we could get an early check in. Answer was an enthusiastic yes. The room was large and very clean. Again everything was recently refurbished. The bathroom was a little small but we made it work.

The only complaint is there was no bar/restaurant open on the weekend. I am wondering if this is on purpose to rid them of the reputation they had when Teddy's was there. We were able to walk across the street to Black Angus Grille to have a couple of drinks in the evening.

The bed was comfortable and all the standard amenities. I do wish they would provide king size pillows for king size beds. The room had a fridge and microwave along with a coffee maker. Didn't have a need but a nice touch.

This was an excellent value and I would not hesitate to rebook. Convenient to 84 and immediate area has many dining options.

Stayed January 2014
Thank You for your positive review , The next time your in town please stop at the Desk and ask for me I would like to share with you our plans for our Food and Beverage Operation. Again thank's and I look forward to seeing you next time in town.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Danbury is one of the cities I visit more frequently when I come to the US and the Holiday Inn is our hotel of choice because of its location, good service and reasonable price. This time we came driving from Washington, DC and stayed one night on our way to UConn in Storrs. We were surprised to find a renovated hotel: Teddy's bar and dancing were gone and replaced by a lounge and restaurant, the executive room we stayed in was completely remodeled and very comfortable with ample space for suitcases and visitors. We didn't stay too long as we had to continue our trip early morning next day in the middle of a blizzard, but it was a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank You for sharing your positive remarks in regards to the Holiday Inn Danbury. Now that we are completely renovated , your comments make the time , effort and vission of the renovation real.
If you travel though Danbury and have the opportunity to stay again , please ask for me at the desk , I would like to share our future vission with you.

Once again Thank's