“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Montpelier, Virginia
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you travel for a living you know not all hotels are the same. This one is at the top of the list. The people are excellent from Jr and Ed at the front desk, who always have a smile, to Janet and Joe making sure the new dinner area is ready to eat. The hotel has been remodeled which makes it very nice but be staff makes it EXCELLENT.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear David W

Thank You for your kind comments from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Danbury. It was very kind that you mentioned our associates by name , Our associates are truly the Key to our success and it's wonderful to share this.
Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you on a future trip to Danbury , Our pool is now heated bring your suit.

William Gemme CHA General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel more times than I can count and have seen it all - good times and bad.
I must say that since the renovation and new leadership this place has done a complete turnaround. Ivett and her staff Janet, Joe, Sean, Kim in the bar / restaurant are always willing to share a story and serve up some fine food and libations. It is a great place to unwind after a long day at work.
The front desk staff is hard to beat and greet you with a smile and are always able to go the extra mile to be accommodating. So hats off to Samantha, Ed, Junior, and Ashley. Great Job !

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are a bit quieter (even number rooms)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Dave S,

Thank you for your kind comments and your continued commitment to the Holiday Inn Danbury , Our Restaurant / Bar Staff are committed to making everyone's visit a positive experience. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Loch Sheldrake ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stood there after a wedding the food at the wedding was not good so everybody who went to the wedding that stood at the hotel where hungry . My wife and I where the first couple to get back to the hotel and went to the bar and ordered a drink from the bar and asked if the kitchen was still open the bartender who's name was Joe said let me find out. He came back and said sorry but its closed so we stated to talk about going to get something to eat at McDonald's down the road from the drive thru. Joe must of over heard us and said let me see what I can do he came back a few minutes later and said that he got permission to give us food but he had to cook it himself so he did next we know is here comes Joe out of the back of the bar with a family sized order of bow tie pasta and meatballs , onion rings, French fries , salad the food was great and everybody got fed not sure if any other person or hotel would have done that for us atmosphere was great service and rooms were great will stay there again on my next trip to Danbury for sure

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Daniel R,

Thank you for your comments about our associate Joe going above what had to be done , he has very good interaction with our guests and such as what he did for you he continues to do for everyone else. Again thanks for letting us take care of you and your group and hope your travels bring you back to the Holiday Inn Danbury.

William Gemme CHA
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I love this hotel I stay here every week. I also think Samantha is the best she always greet me with a smile in get me check in right a way she is awesome! The hotel is very clean and has so many up dates it's quiet peaceful and I love the location I would tell any and everyone when your in this area in need a place to stay go to the holiday inn in Danbury

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Raymir,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and mentioning our associate Samantha , Her personality is exceptional in today's Industry and I will share your comments with her. Once again thank you for being a guest at the Holiday Inn Danbury Ct.

Sincerely.
William Gemme General Manager
Denver, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Holiday Inn Danbury has completed a big transformation – But something's have not changed - and it is for the better!!!

Ed & Junior are as accommodating and friendly as any “Front Desk” staff can be. As a business traveler I visit Danbury continuously, and there is nothing I enjoy more than my room being ready, clean, and satisfactory to my needs when I check in.
And who doesn’t love a good meal and conversation as well.
The food is excellent again!
Janet, Joe & Sean do an excellent job to ensure that whatever I order is always exactly as I ordered it.

The site has been through some big renovations, and a lot of the obvious things are new and refreshed, but the one thing that brings me back over and over again is the staff...

Room Tip: Big fan of the 3rd and 4th floor and the even number rooms (the side away from the street for noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Kurt S,

Thank you for your kind comments and your continued business at the Holiday Inn Danbury. It is always nice to hear about the facility but it is very special that you acknowledged our staff members. Ed, Junior, Janet , Sean and Joe , They are a core of associates on our front line making things happen. Again thank you for the review and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Foxboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel has seen it all, but the latest chapter has been the best so far. People like Junior at the front desk and Janet who takes care of our food needs, make this a great place to stay. It is always the people that make the difference!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear, A Scooter

Thank You for your kind comments about our facility , Its wonderful to receive comments from a guest who has seen all of the improvements come to life. You are correct , Associates Junior and Janet go the extra mile to make sure all of our guests needs are accommodated.

Alexander City, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel staff always make you feel at home. The newly renovated rooms are great and the food at the restaurant/bar is excellent.

Thanks for great service from (the Bar) Joe and Sean, (the front desk) Jr. and manager Ivett. Top notice!!!!!

Room Tip: The king bed rooms are awesome
Dear, Timothy T,

What a pleasure to read your comments about our renovated facility. I agree with your comments that Joe, Sean , Junior and Ivett make all of our guests feel at home. Most of all Thank You for being our guest and I look forward to your return visits. I will pass your comments along to Jonathon our new Kitchen Manager and Sous Chef that the food and presentation met your expectations.