“much better than i thought”

Maron Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed 15 June 2014

my husband and i won a free night at the maron hotel and suites. we were given the whirlpool king room. i was nervous about it having read some bad reviews. the carpeting needs replacing,the room had 2 tv sets(which was wonderful). the bed was comfortable and the jacuzzi worked great. the room was very clean and the help was very pleasant. the young girl at the front desk was lovely,the older guy that checked us in last night(january14) was a bit grumpy. the breakfast was fine -good coffee,cereal,juices, hard boiled eggs, bagels and pastries. i would certainly stay here again. the place has a certain charm to it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank suesipolansky77
Ray R, Management Company at Maron Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for you comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we have shared your comments with our staff.

There are newer reviews for Maron Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Many problems: Bed hard as rock. Very poor wifi service. The DNS server wouldn't function so had no wifi connection for three days. Their tech "service" is clueless. Breakfast service is the worst ever. Bring your own. Coffee machine and microwave are a joke. Only positive: price. Negative: everything else. Should be renamed Moron Hotel and Suites. They are morons. If you stay there you are too. Note: if there are no glasses in room look in refrigerator. WHY? No idea. I count myself fortunate in not coming back. Stay at Holiday or Hilton...the extra cost is worth it. Finally...do you think management cares at this hotel? What management? Put it out of its misery and convert it to office space or self storage.

Room Tip: Get one at Holiday or Hilton.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Arthur B

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and felt that our service was lacking. Our WIFI issue has been resolved and we hope that you will give us another chance to be of service.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I recently spent two nights at this warm and gracious hotel conveniently located in an office plaza in the restaurant row area of Danbury. It was understated, in need of an update but a very pleasant place with excellent front desk service during the week and great meeting spaces.There was large conference room plus multiple board rooms.

The room was spacious and fairly clean and right next to a Stop n Shop, a restaurant right in the hotel and a CVS across the street. The Danbury Mall was closeby as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank TundrainRoma
Ray R, Management Company at Maron Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear TundrainRoma,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and our great location. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Facility is dated, dirty and worn out. Carpet in my room was either badly faded & dirty or someone had been murdered in my room, cant tell cause the light was so bad. Service non-existent at front desk. Lock broken on door. This is a hotel of last resort only. I do NOT recommend that women stay here alone. CREEPY feel to the whole place. The fact that I was the ONLY customer should have told me something.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mainstreetmarshall
Ray R, Management Company at Maron Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Mainstreetmarshall, I am sorry that you were so unhappy with your stay at our hotel. Since your stay we have made staffing changes and I am sure that if you give us another try you will see great improvement.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I wish I read Trip adviser reviews before I booked. I read the Google reviews and feel like I have been duped. The location is very deceiving as this hotel was built in an office complex. I should have cancelled then... The "suite" looked like an outer office with an inner office. The furniture was office type and very much in need of replacement. There are holes in the sofa and carpet. Very dark, poor decor and the windows are shot!
This property is in serious need of a major overhaul and the owners should be ashamed charging the rates they do for such shabby conditions. Stay away!!! There are many better properties close by.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank ColeNewEngland

Dear ColeNewEngland, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff at the hotel. We are making some improvements to the hotel. Please contact me directly and I will ensure that you get one of our new rooms.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

It has the potential to be a nice hotel but it's so outdated and needs a renovation badly! The linens on the bed are something you'd expect to see 20 years ago, and i didn't even think those Zenith box TV's still existed?!? The continental breakfast had pretty well nothing.. You had a choice between cold cereal or fruit. Maybe a bagel if you were lucky. A little more variety would have been nice. On the plus side, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure the door locks in your room because ours didn't
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BBINA

Dear BBINA, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We have asked the chef to address your concerns about breakfast. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Maron and we pleased with the size of our suite and the cleaniless of the room. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The price per night seems great for the area and I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Melissa R

Dear Melissa R, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel, we certainly hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Danbury area.