“Basic accommodation”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Basic accommodation”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here while traveling through the area, it was the cheapest hotel we could find and the weather was bad so we needed to find something. It was fine for what we needed room and bathroom appeared clean. There was a strange smell in the hallway which disappeared once we went into the room. The smell wasn't as strong in the morning. Breakfast was included and again was basic. Price was high for such a basic place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freqworld_traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Salem, Indiana
Reviewed 14 May 2014

When I walked in for check in I smelled pesticide. I commented to the desk clerk right a way and he said they spray outside. Definitely they sprayed inside, and it has very strong like they had soaked the whole area. They did have a computer for guest use, but when I used it, and the clerk was on the phone or using the charge machine or his computer, there was no internet. The pillows & beds were not comfortable. There was a drunk at 1:30 in the hall way that woke me up. After a long drive I needed sleep. The manager on duty said they would take care of it, but I kept hearing the loud mouth. There was no meat with breakfast or eggs, just some bagels, bread, cereal, juice, coffee (not very good). The interstate was close but I had to turn north to get to it across heavy traffic. Some of the drivers were nice and let me out, but still it is an incredibly busy area. I suggest anyone that has the money try something else, not a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
super8danbury, General Manager at Super 8 Danbury, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not completely pleasant and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We have professional exterminator year round. During the summer extra pesticides are sprayed alongside the building to help prevent unwanted pest from entering the building. We have installed new beddings, mattresses, fridges, microwave and new plasma Samsung TV's in each rooms which exceeds Super 8 standards. We do serve a Super Start Continental Breakfast 7 days a week from 6am-9-am. Our Super Start Continental Breakfast includes bagels, waffles, white and wheat toast, cinnamon buns, oatmeal, yogurt, apples, Special K and Frosted Flakes cereals, apple and orange juice, regular and decaf coffee and tea, and hot cocoa.

Travellers are raving about these Danbury hotels

Danbury
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Good place to stay when traveling thru area. Basic older hotel, no spa, pool, or gym; but large clean rooms & a friendly, accommodating staff. Breakfast leaves something to be desired if you want a hot, hearty meal. Mostly cold fare, littler choice compared to others. We would have liked to see more fruit (a few apples only there, some meat, more hot food), better choice of pastry.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Danbury
Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was pretty seedy. Also, I was appalled to be charged $20 for my dog to stay. I can guarantee that he was no dirtier than the room itself was.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family