“This IS the best Indian food in SW Connecticut”

Coromandel Cuisine of India
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Darien
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Are you looking for ambience? Forget it: this is an Indian restaurant. As things considering, it is a nice setting for an Indian restaurant.
Are you looking for glamorous outdoor seating? Forget it: this restaurant is in a strip shopping center anchored by a middle class supermarket. There is always convenient, free parking.
Do call for reservations, because you go to this restaurant for the food (and the beer selection is pretty decent) and the place is not a secret.
The Sag Paneer is the best that my wife and I have ever had. The lamb is good; the curries are good. For a treat, order the poure bread.
Oh, yes; after you become a recognized "loyal customer," periodically, the manager will pour you a free glass of port for dessert.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I like the tucked away feeling of this restaurant . The service is impeccable and I have eaten from menu as well as buffet. Everything is well prepared. Nice interior and people seem to stay for a while and enjoy the atmosphere

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Over the last 10 years my wife and I have dined at Coromandel in Darien on at least 60 occasions - mainly for the lunchtime buffet. Each and everyone of these dining experiences has been mouth-wateringly memorable both for the superb quality of the food and the friendly unassuming service. The Cuisine of India at Coromandel is an unmissable second to none experience - the food is fantastic yet excellent value for money.

Geoff9725

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Since our last visit nearly 2 years ago the menu has expanded but the quality remains very high. The quantities provided are more than enough for any very hungry diner. The deep fried vegetables that I had as a starter were as good as I had in Rome's Jewish quarter and that is praise indeed!
It makes most UK Indian restaurants look mediocre in comparison. The service is attentive and very professional and the waiter we had was a Manchester United supporter and I even forgave him for that.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I enjoy a good curry and Coromandel in Darien is definitly one of our favorites in Fairfield County. My husband is English and as a result he definilty knows his Indian food. This place has never disappointed us. Very good service, with often complimentary items from the chef to try and expand our food repertoire.
The staff is very good about remembering repeat customers and have made an effort to get to know us.
Its absolutely delicious. If you're looking for Indian food this is the place to go. Consistently good food. The lamb is absolutely delicious!