“Awesome”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Awesome”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Le's is tucked into a corner of Main Street in East Hartford. We were greeted promptly and brought hot tea immediately (it was so cold outside). The owner is so friendly and was so happy that we devoured everything - the banh is great, the spring rolls typical, the pho and the vermicelli are large portions that we finished even though we should have stopped. We were even brought pieces of some kind of cake for dessert (I thought it would be ordinary pound cake but it was so moist and light.) This is going to be one of my new haunts. The only down side is that they are not open Sunday or past 7:30 during the week.

• Visited January 2013

East Granby, Connecticut
“Great Pho and Hospitality”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I visit this restaurant with my wife and two small children about once a month. We are always greeted by the owner and she immediately shows us to our table. There are numerous tables in a large dining area. The dining room is a little bit dim as far as lighting, but the front window is always decorated for the appropriate season. Le allows my children to play with whatever decorations are on display and she personally plays with them as she shows off her decorative pond and fountain. Every time I have been to Le's she has brought my children a chicken dish that is not on the menu. My children's love it, and that's saying something for a 5 and 2 year old's palette. I've never been charged for the kid's meals either. The summer rolls are perfect and Pho is delicious. The broth is not oily and the beef is always tender and not fatty. Le tops off the meal with a slice of cake and lolly pops for the kids. You also get lemonade or hot tea as beverages that are included. Last time Le brought out a sampler appetizer that was delicious and on the house. I love this restaurant and I look forward to spending the evening every time I visit. For the four course meal my wife and I dined on, combined with my kids actually eating and having fun, this family restaurant is priceless. Bring your appetite and you'll leave with plenty in your wallet to visit again.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Good food with wide selection”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Le's has a wider selection than Pho 501 down the street and the Pho is just as good with the added benefit of being able to get a seat. Some of the selections are a bit strange and I wish they would remove the bone from the chicken and duck in the soup but very good food. The staff is friendly and everyone is treated like a regular. Tea and cake are a complementary part of the meal.

• Visited December 2011
East Hartford, CT
“one of the best Vietname Restarurart”
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I have been eating there for over years, a family own business.
and there pride is making their customers happy at any cost.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Highly recommended! Fantastic! I'm a regular”
Reviewed 19 March 2009

The food is authentic and of fantastic quality. Always fresh and good portions. The restaurant is always decorated for every holiday and there are beautiful paintings from an artist in Vietnam hanging on the walls along with beautiful large photos. The owner Le is a total sweetheart who is happy to give recommendations if you've never had Vietnamese before. She is very attentive and provides the table service. It's not uncommon to receive cake. #37 Grilled Pork with Vermicelli and the spring rolls are my favorite! I'm a regular and will always speak highly of this place!

1 Thank Karascorner