“Great place!”

Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel during a cheer competition. I can't say anything bad about our stay. Room was beautiful and spacious, staff was so nice, we had a shuttle to and from the convention center (which was a very welcome surprise), the onsite restaurant was great and reasonably priced. I will definitely stay here again next year, if we return for this competition! Thanks for a delightful stay!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thanks for your review of our hotel. I am glad you had a good time during the SPIRIT Cheer Festival last weekend. It was a busy weekend for all and Hartford's complimentary DASH Shuttle really comes in handy for large events such as these when there are thousands of visitors all needing cabs, shuttles etc. at the same time.

We'll see you next year for SPIRIT 2015!

Best,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hartford I stayed at this hotel during a large conference being held in Hartford. It is located across the river from the Hartford convention center. It is a standard Holiday Inn. I arrived into Hartford by train, so it is a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the train station. It provides a nice panorama of the city center across the river. Check-in service was welcoming and friendly, and staff went out of their way to be helpful, and totally courteous at all times. The only anomaly here was the person serving in the bar restaurant in the evening. Not quite sure what was going on with her, but it was a strange encounter, and simply ordering a dessert and a glass of wine was quite hard work. The room on the 8th floor was really spacious, and seemed to be one of the larger rooms in the hotel. It was excellent, with a great working space and living area. The internet was free and available in all areas of the hotel. It seemed to function well for the three days I was there. The hotel is a pleasant walk across the river to the downtown area of Hartford, via a bridge a few minutes from the hotel. It gives lovely views of the city, and is part of a sculpture walk with several sculptures on the bridge. I would certainly recommend using a taxi to travel back and forth to the downtown area in the evening. It is a city that does not have a good reputation for safety, although we experienced no problems whatsoever. Do not take chances.

Room Tip: standard Holiday Inn style
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldTraveller08901
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to share your comments regarding the service in the bar with our Director of Food and Beverage. Feel free to call me at 860-528-2305 if you would like to expand on the experience.

We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the CT Convention Center or any of the attractions that Hartford has to offer.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you are looking for a quit hotel in the Hartford area this is the one. We have been staying in this building for a few years when we visit. It was recently remodeled and rebranded as Holiday Inn. We were very pleased with the staff. Our room was very nice and clean. The only down side is that it is located in the edge of an office park so there are no restaurants or things to do within walking distance. However, after the offices close for the day the area is very quite. It is also located across the river from downtown Hartford but very close to I-84 so you can drive to downtown in about 15 minutes. The on site restaurant is ok and does serve breakfast early.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and for your loyal patronage!

All the best!

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Everything was great! Friendly front desk, quick check in, nice room, SUPER COMFY BEDS (most important) with excellent quality bedding. Cost for one night on hotels.com $83.

I asked front desk person about food at 10p. She told me about their restaurant and said several places deliver. She also gave me a menu from a pizza place with a large variety of choices.

Easy on and off I-84

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our beds, guests rave about them!!

Happy 2014!!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I've stayed at a Holiday Inn in a long time, so I wasn't expecting much. When I'm traveling on business I typically stay at a Marriott of Hilton chain. But neither of those were available during this trip. The hotel was very clean, spacious, and modern. Minutes from downtown and the office. The staff were pleasant and very welcoming. The only drawback from my experience, was not have a mini fridge and a microwave in the room. But overall, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor, away from the elevator. I could not hear my neighbors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TanikaS

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay!! Also, please note that we have microwaves and fridges available to make your stay more comfortable, just let us know during check-in and we will be happy to send them right up right away.

Happy New Year!!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The customer service at the hotel was great. The night clerk was quick to accommodate our requests (for a crib and other amenities) and a pleasure to deal with. The beds were particularly comfortable. The hotel is in a great location - right next to the old Hartford. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel, we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Hartford area.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I came to this hotel for a cheerleading competition. While the hotel was full with screaming kids I did take notice to the staff smiling the whole time. Greeting each and everyone of us with a beautiful smile. I want to acknowledge a few members of your staff. First is Shimika this person was composed all the while checking all of us in seemed like a never ending line. Second was Denise this lady deserves a medal. While watching other peoples children making sure everyone was safe, while grown adults were having there fun in the bar leaving there kids to run. Denise was visible thru out the evening in the hallways, in the pool. You can tell she really cares a great deal about her job. I made of point of talking with her on the morning of check out because I witness a mother yelling at the desk because of free breakfast. We are all made aware but there are a selected few that do complain to see what they can get for free, but my reason to speak with her was to express my gratitude for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel staff, I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you the next time the Cheerleading competition brings you to the CT Convention Center in February.

All the best.

#6 of 12 in Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area? Share your experiences!