“Great Place for an Extended Stay”

Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I came in and immediately loved the place. The woman at front desk was very friendly, but when I said I wanted to extend my stay, she said I may want to check and see if something was going to be available Friday and because of a wedding party booking the hotel. I shrugged it off and continued to my room.
The doors were kind of tricky, mine got stuck a few times because it wasnt properly leveled and seemed to lean against the area its supposed to close around. I had to make sure the door would at least slam shut, which I know annoyed my neighbors, whose door was inches away from mine.
When I went out to venture downtown a young man and woman were sitting outside of a room near mine in the hallway, which was awkward as, they were talking to a woman who was leaning out of the room they were sitting near and I found that odd. By the time I returned they were gone. It's like, if you know the person, why not go into the room?
There is a small shop with a microwave and an ATM, and vending machines on each floor.
I extended my stay for another night because I do like this neighborhood and the walk across Founders Bridge is just amazing. I made a mistake and took the other bridge and it was terrible and full of graffiti. Either way you end up in Downtown and around the restaurants
(There are no signs near the bridges, if you plan on taking the bridge, or going for a walk, make a left out of the hotel go under the bridge and then up the stone stairs to the right.)

Otherwise this was a great stay and I hope to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
dweber2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your positive review of our property. We are looking into the concern you had with your door and will remedy the issue immediately. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you into the Hartford area.

Regards, David Weber

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This place did not only offer clean comfortable rooms, but, the resteraunt/bar experience was acceptional. Spearheaded by lead bartender Terry, the bar experience was second to none. Her outgoing demeanor, coupled with her in depth knowlege of the industry made her a top notch server/mixologist. I would recommend a trip to this bar to anyone, including locals looking for a friendly bar experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dweber2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Greetings Christian ,

Thank you for your kind review of our property. I will be sure to share your bar experience with Terry and more often than not she will remember your name and usually your choice beverage should your travels find you in our area. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we very much look forward to seeing you in the future.

David Weber

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Last night we had our Delegate Assembly at this hotel. The staff crushed the scene...they responded quickly to every request. Provided food for 60 people more than planned on with smiling faces and speedy responses. Other staff came in to help in the bar and all orders were met. As the event planner, I especially appreciated all their work.

Terrific! Thanks so much everyone for your professionalism and making our event a success. :)

Melissa B.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Melissa,

We truly appreciate your kind comments! Thank you so much for your feedback and favorable rating.

We hope to see you again for your next event.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here Saturday night, May 3, 2014 and would highly recommend it. The room and bathroom were very very clean, the free wi-fi was fast 1.8 mps, the king size bed was nice and firm and the variety, firm and soft, of pillows were great and everything was comfortable. The front service desk was very helpful and friendly. The parking was free and the lot was large.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Never stayed here before but we decided to break up our trip to Boston. We were pleasantly surprised. We arrived at night but it was a snap to get to from the highway. Everything looked pretty new and the room was very comfortable and clean. We were happy with everything and the price ($99) was nice too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin O

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. Many travelers comment on the accessibility of our location and how easy it is to get onto Route 2, I84 and I95 from our hotel.

We hope your travels bring you our way again soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel has no hot water.
The hot water did not work the night before and this morning was still out. And no refunds or discounts offered. Avoid the hotel. It is clean and nicely appointed but the absence of hot water and the poor response kills the quality,

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul G

Dear Paul,

I am so sorry that you were affected by our boiler breakdown last Wednesday, please accept my sincere apologies. I would greatly appreciate to make this right by you. Please feel free to contact me on my direct line at 860-528-2305.

Apologetically,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I happened upon the Holiday Inn due to my daughter school. She was rowing with her classmates from Dartmouth school. This appears to be a tough area for the Hotel and what appears to be unauthorized parties. My husband and I had to witness the unfortunate displacement of a guest and about 20 of her friends. I had the pleasure of seeing first hand how the manager Denise and Shomeka handles this unwanted guest. These woman were composed and respectful while this lady and her friends were screaming and hollering at the 2 of them. After all said and done with the help of the local police I went up to these ladies and thank them for there professional behavior during a very difficult time. They continued to smile and said thank you! They then proceed to ask how everything was with our room and was there was anything that we needed. We said no that everything was wonderful, we ask the ladies if there was anything we could do for them and they said no they were just protecting there home. Wow, I want these ladies behind me if I ever have to protect my home. I watched silently for a few more minutes as they greeted a few more guest into there home and thought to myself this is my home away from home. Thank you ladies for keeping us safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Nick R,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our "HOME". I truly enjoy listening to the real world experiences of our guests and I am very happy to hear that the way my team handled a tough situation did not negatively affect your stay while you daughter's rowing team was in Hartford. I will be sure to share you comments with our Front Office team!!

We look forward welcoming you into our home again the next time the Dartmouth Crew come to the compete against Trinity College.

Bring on summer!

Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Candlewood Suites Hartford Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area? Share your experiences!