“Home away from home for Texas Trial Team!”

Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed 3 July 2014

TOO MANY NICE THINGS TO STAY - Carol Catrini, Renee Denno, Bernice Peltier and Denise Devillez were the perfect assets to our trial team. Not only did they treat our entire team like family, but everyone at the hotel went above and beyond to help make our 7 week stay in Hartford a great experience. Could not have asked for a better group of people. Thank you to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We really enjoyed having your legal team here during the trial. They were a great bunch of people and they became family very quickly. We miss all of them already.

Also, I will make sure to share your compliments with my team.

Thanks again!

Johan

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn this week. I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn's in general, but needed something that was close to downtown Hartford. It was a beautiful, reasonably priced property close to downtown (about 3 minutes) which made it very convenient for my co-workers to pick me up. It also offers a free shuttle to take you downtown or pick you up. The decorations were lovely, and I found my room to be fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable. For breakfast, they offer a great all you can eat buffet of eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, french toast, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, etc. If I need to return to Hartford, I am going to stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the Route 84 side, as it is much noisier than the other side of the property. It al...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Barbara,

I love reading reviews such as yours!! Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our hotel, I am always happy when someone walks in skeptical but out as a loyal customer.

See you soon,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel has been nicely renovated recently so a lot of the negative reviews listed here don't really apply anymore. Excellent, safe location with spacious rooms featuring typical amenities for a hotel property of this type. Great for the business traveler with or without a car that wants to stay in the downtown Hartford area as the hotel does feature a shuttle service and convenient access to any major highway within a mile or so. The hotel staff are average, but I have stayed here multiple times as the property has changed brands over the years and have never had a major problem with hotel staff. Overall highly recommended over some of the aging downtown hotels listed at a similar price.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decently spacious and very quiet despite the hotel's proximity to major highwa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your review and for being such a loyal customer. We truly appreciate you staying with us so frequently, thank you very much for your business.

All the best and have a great summer!!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My complaint as follows:
Sir:

I wanted to bring to your attention about how rude your front desk clerk Sefrada I believe his name is. It started out yesterday when I tried to check in to this hotel. I called at noon time to get a room set up for 4 nights through the company I work for. The women whom I spoke with assured me everything would be faxed over to my company so they can take care of the payment. At 1 o'clock when I arrived, the check in was not done. I had to fax over the paperwork myself to handle this. By this time it was 4 o'clock by the time I checked in. I really didn't appreciate waiting in the lobby area for all this but I dealt with it. Then today when I arrived, I came up to my room 505 to go inside and my card wouldn't work. I came back down to talk with the gentleman Sefrada and it was almost as if he were giving me an attitude saying that I have to re-fax all the credit card information over again. I really didn't understand the problem because this was all set up yesterday. That's what took the 4 hour delay. I am a Platinum IHG member and stay at the Holiday Inn hotels constantly. I have never encountered such inexperienced personnel at this level at one of the other hotels I've stayed at. I'm really not one to complain but this is flat out ridiculous the way I am being treated. I would appreciate some kind of response to let me know that you received this email.

And now at 10pm get kicked out of the hotel when I myself set up a stay here for 4 days. Very ignorant non knowledgable idiot at the front desk.

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Mikesouthfla

Dear Mike,

I apologize for the inconvenience suffered during check-in. Please know that this is not our usual standard. We strive to get every guest checked in as quickly as possible an I am sorry if this was not the case with your stay.

I believe our Front Office Manager has already contacted you but if you need any further assistance in this this regard, please call me on my direct line at 860-528-2305.

Thanks

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are finding more and more Holiday Inns seem to have it together. The past few, this one included, have nice properties, reasonable price, and no problems. We found the room clean, roomy, and a well stocked bathroom. Check in/out was without incident and the pool and exercise room were very acceptable. The only flaw I would find for this specific property is that it seems to be in the middle of nowhere thereby requiring you to drive a short to medium distance if you require a place to eat or shop. However, we did find it very convenient to access the downtown area. The big advantage here is that while you do need to drive a short distance, crossing a bridge, to get to the downtown area; you save considerable money over the other hotels in the downtown area. Well worth the short trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review and rating of our hotel. We are delighted you had a great stay and we appreciate your comments!

All the best,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I came in and immediately loved the place. The woman at front desk was very friendly, but when I said I wanted to extend my stay, she said I may want to check and see if something was going to be available Friday and because of a wedding party booking the hotel. I shrugged it off and continued to my room.
The doors were kind of tricky, mine got stuck a few times because it wasnt properly leveled and seemed to lean against the area its supposed to close around. I had to make sure the door would at least slam shut, which I know annoyed my neighbors, whose door was inches away from mine.
When I went out to venture downtown a young man and woman were sitting outside of a room near mine in the hallway, which was awkward as, they were talking to a woman who was leaning out of the room they were sitting near and I found that odd. By the time I returned they were gone. It's like, if you know the person, why not go into the room?
There is a small shop with a microwave and an ATM, and vending machines on each floor.
I extended my stay for another night because I do like this neighborhood and the walk across Founders Bridge is just amazing. I made a mistake and took the other bridge and it was terrible and full of graffiti. Either way you end up in Downtown and around the restaurants
(There are no signs near the bridges, if you plan on taking the bridge, or going for a walk, make a left out of the hotel go under the bridge and then up the stone stairs to the right.)

Otherwise this was a great stay and I hope to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
dweber2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your positive review of our property. We are looking into the concern you had with your door and will remedy the issue immediately. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you into the Hartford area.

Regards, David Weber

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This place did not only offer clean comfortable rooms, but, the resteraunt/bar experience was acceptional. Spearheaded by lead bartender Terry, the bar experience was second to none. Her outgoing demeanor, coupled with her in depth knowlege of the industry made her a top notch server/mixologist. I would recommend a trip to this bar to anyone, including locals looking for a friendly bar experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dweber2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Greetings Christian ,

Thank you for your kind review of our property. I will be sure to share your bar experience with Terry and more often than not she will remember your name and usually your choice beverage should your travels find you in our area. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we very much look forward to seeing you in the future.

David Weber

#6 of 12 in Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford

Been to Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area? Share your experiences!