“Ok for one night”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed two nights. The last night the rift raft seem to of made there rounds at 2 am. Real shame too. Near the highway so otherwise would of gave it another star. The breakfast was simple. Elevator real slow at times. 5 min from downtown so you do save on the prices.

• Stayed: October 2013
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience and value of Comfort Inn & Suites' proximity to downtown Hartford. We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you return to the Hartford area!

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We spent one night in this hotel not by choice but because it was the tour's company chosen hotel. The size of the room is adequate & in general, it is what you can expect from a Comfort Inn.
My sour feeling results from three different things: a) I accidentally left a very old embroidered laundry bag that for me holds a very sentimental value since it was a gift from my already deceased grandmother. This bag was approx 40 years old! I called the hotel numerous times but they told me it wasn't found, although I was certain I left it there since I was using it every day. b) I was obviously very disgusted after discovering a huge, dried blood stain on the down comforter after uncovering it because I wanted to use only its sheet cover since it was too hot in the room. c) and last, but not least, it was a noisy hotel & the other tour participants also agreed. Therefore, if we ever happen to be back around that part of the country, we'll make sure to choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Maria S

Dear Maria,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us; I am especially sorry for the cleanliness issue you encountered with the bedding. Such an occurrence is of course inexcusable. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience and the lost item so I have sent you a private message.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here on business for three nights. The front desk and breakfast areas were very attractive and spacious. My room, although a little tight, was very clean and comfortable. They ran out of a few things in the breakfast area as they said they had not gotten their supplies. No biggie. The clerk even made a special trip somewhere to get me some coffee creamer.

I only have one minor negative in that the vending machines for the hotel were on the same floor as the smoking rooms. The smell of smoke was VERY strong whenever I went to get something from the machines. I HATE the smell of cigarette smoke. Even though I was one floor down, I didn't smell it in my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you found your room to be both clean and comfortable! Also, we appreciate your feedback with regards to the location of the vending machines on the 4th floor. My apologies for any inconvenience that this caused during your stay. We also have vending machines located on the 2nd floor, which consists entirely of non-smoking rooms.

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you return to the area, and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were traveling north in Sept. 2013 with another couple and stayed here on the way up. This should be a very nice stop once the remodeling is completed. Very clean, quiet, with comfortable beds, and a good hot complimentary breakfast. There is also an exercise room available. We thought it was so nice that we stopped here again on the way home. A fine Italian dinner at the moderately priced Roma Restaurant and Pizzeria on Burnside Ave several miles away.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites during your trip, and thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are so glad to hear that you found your rooms to be comfortable and enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. It's also great to hear that you found the nearby Roma Restaurant and Pizzaria, a local dining favorite!

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Hartford!

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the mid-point for a trip north. Hotel is being upgraded. Bathroom sinks were located at room entrance so privacy/exposure can be an issue. Room was relatively clean
Breakfast was hot but if the hotel is full, seating is limited. Only one restaurant near hotel and it was very very slow. Two pizza joints will deliver.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the breakfast area having been crowded in the morning. For evening dining, our staff is always glad to recommend options in addition to the ones nearby, so please do not hesitate to inquire!

We hope that you will keep Comfort Inn & Suites in mind the next time you are passing through the area!

All the best,
Comfort Inn & Suites East Harford

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Construction and remodeling are going on at this hotel. The lobby is quite messy but easy enough to navigate. Check in was quick and easy, they had my reservation and since it was paid in advance, I didn't have to show anything. We stayed in a room off the breakfast area but there was not much noise. The room was non smoking but there was a big burn hole in the comforter right at the top. I probably wouldn't have seen it if it was at the bottom. Bedding was comfortable but the pillows were a bit mushy. Breakfast was OK, did not leave hungry. Handicapped bathroom does not have any place to set anything so we took our cooler in there to set our train case on it. I hope they are done with the remodel when we stay there next time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the building are on the highway side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, and thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites when travelling to the greater Hartford area!

Your mention of the ongoing improvements is much appreciated. We anticipate that the improvements to the lobby and dining areas of the hotel will be completed by early next week (September 23, 2013). You may also be interested to know that part of the recent upgrade has also included a replacement of all blankets, comforters, and pillows. In fact, each bed is now set with four pillows (two soft, two firm) so that guests may choose their preference and enjoy the most comfortable sleep possible!

Please come see us again the next time your travels bring you to East Hartford. We look forward to welcoming you back to the newly-updated Comfort Inn & Suites.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Good hotel at an excellent value. I stay here all the time on business. For the price you are getting a comfortable, clean, nice room. I've stayed here numerous times with never a problem and I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you find our hotel to be clean, comfortable, and a great value, and we appreciate you choosing Comfort Inn & Suites during your stays in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hartford
Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford? Share your experiences!