“wonderful”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Latham, New York
“wonderful”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before Thanksgiving and I have to admit, we were a bit skeptical when we pulled into a very empty parking lot (two tractor trailers and one car that we assumed was the desk clerk's), and saw how near the highway it was. This is a very nice hotel though. It's clean and modern and very pleasant. The desk clerk was friendly and welcoming; she offered suggestions for dinner (Margarita's across the street...yum!) and how best to cross the street to walk over. The room was very clean and neat, though a bit smaller than many Comfort Inn & Suites rooms, and there was no microwave. The complimentary breakfast was standard CI&S fare, nothing spectacular, but it's good and it's hot and it's right there in the hotel at no extra charge. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was given how near the highway. We would definitely return to this hotel and exlpore more of Hartford.

Room Tip: I don't know if it matters, but the rooms on the left side of the hotel (as you face it from out...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trish B
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found our hotel to be clean, modern and quiet. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel has been newly refurbished and decorated. Located just outside downtown Hartford, it is a great overnight stop on your way to Boston areas to the north or on your way down to New York City. Wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel, as well as the complimentary breakfast! Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again sometime.

All the best,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This property is very nice. Angie made my check in nice. She made conversation as she check me in. There a great mexican restaurant across the street. The decor overall is up to date.this location offer a hot breakfast. Gym. Public computers in the lobby. Will return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel with other travelers! I will be sure to share your feedback with Angie! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found convenience in amenities such as a hot breakfast, computers for guest use, and the fitness center. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you return to the area!

Many thanks,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The rooms were small but comfortable and clean. The service was good. I was thankful the a/c was working in that it was an unusual 80 degrees. The rooms were very easy to find but the elevators were very slow.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for you're review! We are glad you found our hotel to be clean and A/C system to work exceptionally well. Guests looking for more space have found our suites that feature 2 rooms to be perfect. Our suites feature a bedroom and seperate living room with full kitchen and 2nd flat screen TV. We also have 2 room suites with whirlpools as well! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Boston
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed two nights. The last night the rift raft seem to of made there rounds at 2 am. Real shame too. Near the highway so otherwise would of gave it another star. The breakfast was simple. Elevator real slow at times. 5 min from downtown so you do save on the prices.

• Stayed October 2013
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience and value of Comfort Inn & Suites' proximity to downtown Hartford. We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you return to the Hartford area!

Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We spent one night in this hotel not by choice but because it was the tour's company chosen hotel. The size of the room is adequate & in general, it is what you can expect from a Comfort Inn.
My sour feeling results from three different things: a) I accidentally left a very old embroidered laundry bag that for me holds a very sentimental value since it was a gift from my already deceased grandmother. This bag was approx 40 years old! I called the hotel numerous times but they told me it wasn't found, although I was certain I left it there since I was using it every day. b) I was obviously very disgusted after discovering a huge, dried blood stain on the down comforter after uncovering it because I wanted to use only its sheet cover since it was too hot in the room. c) and last, but not least, it was a noisy hotel & the other tour participants also agreed. Therefore, if we ever happen to be back around that part of the country, we'll make sure to choose a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Maria S
Dear Maria,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us; I am especially sorry for the cleanliness issue you encountered with the bedding. Such an occurrence is of course inexcusable. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience and the lost item so I have sent you a private message.

Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here on business for three nights. The front desk and breakfast areas were very attractive and spacious. My room, although a little tight, was very clean and comfortable. They ran out of a few things in the breakfast area as they said they had not gotten their supplies. No biggie. The clerk even made a special trip somewhere to get me some coffee creamer.

I only have one minor negative in that the vending machines for the hotel were on the same floor as the smoking rooms. The smell of smoke was VERY strong whenever I went to get something from the machines. I HATE the smell of cigarette smoke. Even though I was one floor down, I didn't smell it in my room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you found your room to be both clean and comfortable! Also, we appreciate your feedback with regards to the location of the vending machines on the 4th floor. My apologies for any inconvenience that this caused during your stay. We also have vending machines located on the 2nd floor, which consists entirely of non-smoking rooms.

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you return to the area, and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hartford
#4 of 5 in East Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford? Share your experiences!