“Excellent Location and Service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
“Excellent Location and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We went to Hartford for Dragon Boat races and stayed here. Easy access to all the waterfront events and restaurants. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good selection of healthy food for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
potomac,md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Made a reservation by phone to make sure I had a handicapped room. I am a left leg above knee amputee and was assured a proper room was available for 8/9/14.

I checked in with wife ,given room 322 after being reassured by front desk this was a handicapped room.My wife carried our over- night luggage up, room was for hearing impaired, with a door bell - no grab bars, nothing to indicate room was handicapped.
I called the front desk and was told they had a suite with roll in shower for 20.00 more. This was what we should have had from the beginning.The front desk person
saw me walk in with shorts with a prosthetic leg with two canes. A little training would be in order!
After driving for 8 hours not what you would like to happen to make a long day even longer.

Room Tip: For a handicapped room, ask a lot of questions about what the room has, especially grab bars, to ma...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank al1300
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The check in was fast and efficient but the room didn't look clean,it was a little creepy. I had to wear something on my feet because of the dirty looking carpet which wasn't vacuumed during my stay. How would I know? The same rubber band that dropped on the floor my first day was there on my second departure day. The pillows were comfortable. The hall was extremely hot and the water temperature was tepid at best,I like hot showers. I was disappointed at this Hampton inn. No upgrades available ,that's okay but acknowledge my gold member status please. I wouldn't stay here again.air conditioner was loud and the walks were very thin. I could hear the man in the next room cough ugghhhhhh!

Room Tip: Look for a hilton or hilton garden inn property in this town
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

High quality room for the money. Only complaint is loudness of party of people in adjoining room, but fortunately they left early so we had a peaceful night's sleep. I don't know what else to say which will fill up my requirement of 200 characters in order to post the review and return to my own site.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

East Brunswick, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is fine, and you can walk across the bridge to downtown. But if you need internet access, book somewhere else. When I asked the front desk when wifi would be fixed, I was told it works ok. "But it keeps disconnecting and giving connections errors", I said. "Oh, it does that when too many people are trying to use it...", was the reply!
Warning: if you come for a conference, and then try to switch hotel, you likely won't be able to as they get all sold out. I tried...

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mercy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Claude,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. If you return to the area we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Mercy Breitenbach
Sayreville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Convenient to downtown Hartford, the free parkin and complimentary breakfast is great. The staff is friendly and the accommodations are inviting. This s a great value for the cost. As a frequent traveler, the points you earn also make it a more valuable experinece.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel room is very clean. The breakfast was very good and the staff members are very friendly. The check in process wwas fast and accurate. I have been using this hotel for my business trips in the last half year. Zhaoji

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hartford Marriott Downtown
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford? Share your experiences!