“Unknown Gem”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Unknown Gem”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Al Fresco's and their side take out C & E is one of the best places to go for an unassuming meal. Family friendly with good portions the restaurant was recently handed back to the old owner's and they have brought the establishment back to what is once was new decor and fresher menu. A great lunch and dinner place to eat!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Twash123

Connecticut
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Alfresco's resstaurant is our best restaurant in the whole Manchester/Hartford area, with excellent meals, specials, and reasonable prices. You won't find a better cup of soup!

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“good service and average food”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Didn't like or finish the stuffed chicken entree. The sweet potato ravioli and cheesy garlic bread were good though. Chicken ceasar salad was good.

Large menu but only one dessert on it.

Dark restaurant, with a large bar and a clean bathroom.

The staff was quick and friendly. We would probably go back

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank tonystewart14
Rockland, Massachusetts
“Great Place for a Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My family and I (party of about 12) went here to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. We had a reservation so the table was set when we arrived and we were seated right away. The waitress was friendly and she went over the specials menu and the soups quickly. There weren't many people there except for 2 other larger parties. They had the most delicious warm bread that came out before the salads and the soups. Honestly, I could have eaten a whole loaf if it myself, it was a light kind of bread which melted the butter perfectly. It was a great start to the lunch!

After we ordered, the soups and salads came out promptly, the waitress and a bus person came around and cleared all of the plates and then all the lunches came out piping hot. I got the chicken parmigiana which was really good. They were good sized portions and the prices were incredibly reasonable for the amount of food and quality of food that we received. The two other parties there were celebrating birthdays too and the chef/owner came out after the meal to wish them all a happy birthday and to make sure everyone was happy. I thought that was a really nice touch. I would definitely recommend going here for a birthday lunch or dinner and if I'm back in the area I'd like to go back and try another meal.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Danielle O
“Delicious and inexpensive”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Delicious specials. Friendly staff. Chef is a delight. Clean and fabulous great for families and couples. Plenty of booths.